This Attorney position within the Regulatory and Commercial Law group will provide proactive and collaborative legal support to our commercial, medical, patient advocacy, social impact, and compliance teams in connection with external funding opportunities company-wide, as well as legal support for one of Regeneron’s ophthalmology products. The role will counsel our internal partners through a deep understanding of healthcare laws, including the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, and laws related to the discovery, development, sales and marketing of biotechnology products (including healthcare fraud and abuse laws).
As an Associate Director, Corporate Counsel, a typical day may include:
- Conducting review of external funding requests and participating in review committee meetings, including those for educational grants, sponsorships, exhibits and charitable donations, to assess for policy compliance and legal risk.
- Providing product support counseling for one of Regeneron’s ophthalmology products.
- Advising on, and drafting guidance related to, questions from business stakeholders (e.g., funding request categorization, policy interpretation, interactions with external organizations, and novel funding arrangements, including collaborations).
- Drafting agreements related to funding arrangements, including sponsorship, charitable donation and collaboration agreements.
- Liaising with external counsel and other cross-functional colleagues such as product attorneys (specific product questions), compliance (policy clarifications or questions, transparency reporting), internal investigations and compliance monitoring (raise issues/concerns and/or provide guidance on monitoring/investigations).
- Developing and supporting implementation of improvements to funding policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and approving of needs assessments of proposed engagements with healthcare professionals, including advisory boards and general consulting arrangements, related to ophthalmology.
- Assisting with a broad range of healthcare regulatory matters including client training and compliance policy review.
- Keeping abreast of healthcare fraud and abuse and FDA enforcement trends.
This role might be for you if you:
- Have outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Work well independently, while meeting aggressive deadlines and prioritizing multiple matters.
- Collaborate closely with internal clients (including scientific and business leaders) with strategic transactions.
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain an independent and objective perspective while developing and maintaining a strong partnership with client organizations and protecting Regeneron’s interests.
- Work effectively and expertly with colleagues and clients in a collaborative environment.
- Collaborate and advise key stakeholders, including senior management, on contracts group policies and procedures.
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
A solid understanding of commercialization, contracts and related law within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. JD with excellent law school credentials; licensed to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel with 3 to 7 years of legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, including biotech/pharmaceutical and/or health care experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$165,900.00 - $270,700.00