Senior Medical Science Liaison, US Medical Affairs, Oncology Lung/GU (Southeast)
United States - Florida - MiamiUnited States - Florida - Jacksonville
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
Job DescriptionSenior Medical Science Liaison, US Medical Affairs, Oncology - Lung/GU (Southeast)
This field-based Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be part of a team of Medical Science Liaisons reporting to a regional Field Director. The MSL will disseminate clinical information about Gilead's innovative hematology and oncology products to key opinion leaders, academic institutions, community group practices, healthcare professionals (including allied healthcare members), and professional organizations. The geography includes: (LA, AL, MS, FL)Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:*Level/Title of the position will be determined by education and years of experience. A Senior MSL requires 2+ years of experience, with a relevant degree. We will consider candidates with less than 2 years of experience with the relevant degree for an entry-level MSL role. *Our preferred cities are top cities for residence: Miami, Jacksonville
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead heme/onc products
- Delivers timely, accurate, and succinct clinical and scientific presentations to heme/ onc healthcare providers, both proactively and in response to requests for information, consistent with promotional compliance, PhRMA guidelines, and FDA regulatory requirements
- Implements defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan of Action and other strategic initiatives
- Provides independent thought and initiative in the preparation and completion of a variety of projects and ensuing reports
- Participates in special projects based on extensive knowledge base, experience, and competency, using a degree of autonomy in the preparation and completion of projects and reports, and by establishing relationships with internal and external contacts as needed
- Identifies and develops relationships with local, regional, and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products
- Responsible for training Gilead-approved speakers through individual and group venues as warranted
- Serves as a medical resource to Gilead's commercial and marketing teams; provides training at national and regional levels
- Participate in advisory boards, symposia, and medical conferences
- Supports Gilead early and late-phase clinical research programs that include collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel
- Recommend sites for early and late-phase clinical trials
- Anticipates complex obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Development, Patient Diversity, Global Safety, and Medical Communication
- Sought out from within and outside Gilead for advice and collaboration on complex issues and resolution of complex problems.
- Supports the development, deployment, and appropriate use of field tools and resources (e.g., slide decks, internal training materials)
- Maintains familiarity with all relevant complex scientific data and commits to continuing education to maintain knowledge base
- Has the ability to work as a member of several teams, such as the National MSL team, regional sales and marketing teams, national accounts, and others.
- Adheres to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines, and Gilead policies
- Exhibits Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence, and inclusion
- Advanced medical/scientific/clinical degree (MD, DO, Ph.D., PharmD, NP, and PA preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field required
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant oncology experience in a medically related role with strong knowledge of the clinical research process, treatment landscape, and professional society treatment guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- The capacity to deliver high-quality presentations is essential
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required
- Embodies a collaborative, team-oriented approach
- Ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources
- Strong business skills/acumen; ability to translate scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of Medical Affairs
- Ability to travel > 70% of the time, occasionally with short notice
The salary range for this position is: $181,645.00 - $235,070.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.