Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence (CI) Cross-TA Strategy & Innovation
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
The Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence (CI) Cross-TA Strategy & Innovation will partner with CI therapeutic area (TA) leads and senior cross-functional stakeholders to optimize and up-level CI impact across the organization. The Associate Director will lead above-TA competitive analyses to support strategic projects and decision-making, and partner with the advanced analytics team to explore and implement innovative, tech-savvy CI solutions. Essential Duties and Job Functions:Explore and implement new solutions for improved access to data/information/knowledge
Lead cross-TA initiatives and workstreams
- Evaluate and implement projects that drive innovation to support CI center of excellence
- Develop technology-centered solutions and processes to provide easy access to CI information
- Work with CI TA leads, analytics and IT teams to ensure we have an integrated, prioritized plan for implementing new tools
- Develop KPIs to understand impact of CI deliverables
- Lead development of quarterly CI deliverables for executive leadership and Board of directors, with emphasis on succinct, high-level insights
Assess new and existing resources, vendors and offerings to enhance CI capabilities across TAs
- Evaluate and new CI requests for feasibility and strategic fit with organization priorities
- Lead above-TA workstreams to support corporate strategy and decision-making
Travel domestically and internationally, as required, typically less than 5-10% of the timeKnowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Explore tools/best practices to monitor competitor commercial activities, including collection of field intelligence
- Partner with analytics and marketing teams to explore methodologies/dashboards to assess share of voice, digital monitoring, marketing mix
- Partner with external agencies/vendors to explore new tools to enhance productivity or upgrade CI capabilities, including evolving tech/AI
- Assess current databases, vendor scope/practices and promote best-practice sharing and consistency across TAs
Education and Experience:
- Commitment to innovation and leading projects to proactively improve workstreams, processes and relationships
- Experience executing technology-based projects/solutions
- Experience managing online data sources and scientific/market databases
- Experience successfully coordinating interactions and alignment across multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of pharma sector, including development and commercial strategies Relevant project-related experience in commercial and/or commercial support functions (eg, CI, market research, analytics, consulting)
- Strong relationship management skills including ability to adapt communication style, content, timing and tone to audience/stakeholder needs
- Commitment to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced organization
- Strong oral and written communication, including history of effective written communication (including both PowerPoint and Word/email)
- Demonstrated ability to present at and facilitate small- and large-group meetings (with peers as well as leadership) to achieve pre-defined objectives
- Excellent task and time management skills, specifically project planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution
- Ability to interpret and synthesize key data and identify broader implications for internal programs and specific opportunities
- Ability to be proactive and operate with incomplete information
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years' relevant experience, or Master's degree with 8 years with relevant experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry, specifically CI, consulting, marketing, or analytics
- Experience assessing commercial markets
- Experience in analytics, data processing, and visualization
- Masters, PharmD, PhD or equivalent graduate degree, life science background
The salary range for this position is: $185,895.00 - $240,570.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.