Schrödinger seeks a CUDA/C++ Developer to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of the Desmond Molecular Dynamics team, you’ll work with cutting-edge, physics-based technologies in drug discovery. Your background in computational chemistry, biomolecular simulations, and/or physics will make you a key contributor in our efforts to revolutionize the way therapeutics are discovered.
Who will love this job:
- A proficient C++ and CUDA/HPC programmer who can write performant, clear, maintainable, and highly organized object-oriented code
- A scientist who’s skilled in the development and application of molecular dynamics and molecular simulation methods
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate breakthroughs in computer-aided drug discovery by implementing novel molecular simulation methods with unprecedented levels of accuracy
- Design software that is performant at scale on modern GPU hardware, while being robust, adaptable, and easy to maintain.
- Create and monitor tests to ensure the accuracy of our predictions
What you should have:
- An excellent grasp of software development fundamentals and test-driven development practices
- Expert-level knowledge of C++ programming
- Experience in CUDA/C++ and High Performance Computing
- Master’s or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or a related field
We’d prefer to hire someone who has:
Pay and perks:
- Molecular dynamics programming experience
- Familiarity with modeling biological systems
- Python programming proficiency
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $120,000 - $175,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.