Capstan Therapeutics is developing a targeted delivery platform and therapeutics to reprogram immune cells in vivo in a scalable and controlled format, for a broad range of disease categories. The core technology originating from University of Pennsylvania comprises Targeted Lipid Nanoparticles (tLNPs) to enable off-the-shelf immunotherapies, with tight control of dosage and of activity of engineered cells. The objective is to advance transformative first-in-class and best-in-class products for oncology, fibrosis and inflammation-related diseases, and blood monogenic disorders. Our dynamic start-up is founded by pioneers in the field of immunotherapy, regenerative medicine and drug delivery including experienced industry leaders and academic faculty members from U Penn.
In summary, Capstan Therapeutics aspires to become the leader of a new revolution in medicine, opening the avenue of in vivo reprogramming of the immune system and bringing this treatment modality to a broad range of medical needs. With locations in Philadelphia and San Diego, we are looking for talented individuals to join us.
We are currently hiring a highly motivated Scientist, Analytical Operations (AMD). In this role, you will be responsible for the analytical method development (AMD). The individual will play a critical role in establishing the analytical methods and control strategy, and conducting both routine and non-routine analytical testing in support of preclinical and clinical development . The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in development of chromatographic and electrophoretic analytical methods.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop analytical methods that robustly characterize our mRNA-based lipid nanoparticle (LNP) drug products with a specific focus on optimization and analytical characterization of protein-lipid conjugations for targeted therapeutics
- Design, execute both routine and non-routine analytical analyses, and document analytical method development activities in support of process development, stability, and product characterization
- Follow and ensure standard operating procedures, analytical test methods, and analytical sampling plans meet the highest industry standard
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assure robust method development, transfer, and execution in GXP settings
- Mentor and train members of the analytical development team
- Author, review, and approve supporting reports and protocols
- B.S./M.S. or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology with 3-7 years of industry experience
- Prior experience with characterization and release/stability testing of formulated nucleic acids in lipid nanoparticles (LNP) preferred; experience with mRNA LNPs is highly valued, experience with ELISA would also be desirable
- Hands-on experience with various techniques such as sequencing, HPLC, CE PCR, ELISA, , NMR, , Bradford, SDS-PAGE, and UV/VIS spectrophotometry.
- Experience preparing technical documents for internal distribution and CMC regulatory filings is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, and technical setting
- $120k - $145k/year depending on experience
If you are interested in hearing more, reach out to us. We believe that each team member will impact and improve the lives of those we work with, and those we work for—our patients.
Capstan is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Capstan from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Capstan and do not obligate Capstan to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring managers or employees.