Head of Enterprise Data Products and Solutions (Data and Analytics)
Takeda PharmaceuticalMA- Virtual
About the role:
The Data Products and Solutions role is a core position as part of the Enterprise Data Services team responsible for working within the EDS team across all capability pillars and close partnership with internal constituent groups managing data as a strategy asset for Takeda. Join Takeda as a Head of Enterprise Data Products and Solutions where you will manage our data assets with purpose to make the lives of our patients, HCP and employees easier while improving the overall experience of using data to drive our digital experience. You will also lead your team to create new processes, new technologies and capabilities in response to the needs of your core team members to support their digital transformations. As part of the EDS Team, you will report directly to the Head of Enterprise Data Services, Chief Data Officer.
How you will contribute:
- Lead data product solutioning and design for data products/models that create transformational business outcomes, at scale.
- Develop and deliver a consistent product vision, strategy and roadmap for several products related to Data, Insights, Business Intelligence and Analytics, working on multiple Products in a highly federated complex environment
- Own a portfolio of data products (models) from concept to delivery aligned to BU/BF.
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, Data Architecture, Data Quality & Governance, Engineering teams, Product Design, and other Technical Program Management team members to develop, test, and deliver high quality data products and features that can be easily consumed in our Data Marketplace.
- Manage scrum processes for product engineering teams (define and prioritize the backlog, create stories, coordinate and oversee sprint planning and execution, ensure process improvements through retrospectives, and track velocity/burndown)
- Deeply understand the data collection, flow, transformation, and reporting requirements.
- Grow the data products team globally and ensure they are consistently developing and documenting detailed product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and success measures.
- Partners with stakeholders to build project plans that support strategic growth and drive incremental revenue with consumable data products that can be re-used and drive business 360 Views.
- Partner with engineering leaders to balance the delivery of product features that drive the business vs. platform foundational capabilities that drive scalability and resiliency.
- Responsible for finding ways to leverage data flow throughout an entire product lifecycle (not just the design stage), and they use that data to build and perfect a feature or product.
- Translates business goals and end user needs into data product strategy; communicates direction and product priorities to the development team, other matrixed teams, and third-party partners
- Develop and maintain critical business relationships throughout the organization, ensure senior leaders are consistently well informed about DATA priorities, capabilities, timelines, issues, and releases
- Identifies goals, metrics, and analytics to determine product value; continually making recommendations and refinements to the product backlog based on learnings.
- Advocate for the highest standards of technical and operational excellence. Ensure we’re building highly scalable and repeatable capabilities in the best manner possible.
- Creates, prioritizes and accepts user stories; incorporate them into release planning.
- Makes product decisions that drive value on a daily basis.
- Identifies pros, cons, issues, obstacles, dependencies and value associated with features and enhancements
- Participates in standups, iteration planning sessions, product demos and retrospectives.
- Facilitate the conversations between all impacted stakeholders—executives, engineers, analysts, other product teams, and external customers—who consume the data.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Domain knowledge of Data, Digital and Technology organizations preferably within pharmaceuticals or related industries
- Track records in managing complex supplier and/or customer relationships
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Effectively communicate with varying levels of management i.e. GDT/DDT Executives, GDT/DDT Project Managers, Supplier Representatives, etc.
- Collaborative partner able to influence and drive accountability across organizational and domain boundaries
- Advocates for needed change across the organization that add to our success.
- Coordinate, manage and complete primary tasks and special projects with minimal oversight
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Ability to make complex decision and support the enterprise strategy
- Coordinate, manage and complete tasks and special projects with minimal oversight
Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Interaction with GDT/DDT leadership, Legal, Finance, Procurement, Business Operations, etc. and externally with key suppliers
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Curiosity, challenge the status quo
- Explore, navigate the ever changing environment of data, digital and technology
Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Capable of collaborating with teams both cross-functionally and remotely, across a wide range of time zones and cultures
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a product owner, global delivery lead or team lead capacity.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in leading the development of data products, cloud data platforms, data lakes or data warehouses.
- Vast experience in software development life cycle, agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent knowledge of Jira and confluence.
- Strong detail orientation, communication and interpersonal skills are essential in this role.
- Ability to effectively liaise with all levels across the organization.
- A team player and self-starter.
- Experience working directly with data engineering teams, managing engineering roadmaps, and communicating technical information to senior executive.
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment where change is the norm
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team
- Understanding of HIPAA and patient de-identification requirements
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as comfort using those skills to drive change and alignment
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into actionable user stories
- Ownership mentality with strong initiative to achieve results. Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- Excellent project management, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Prior experience in highly regulated Healthcare Industry/Pharma
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as a condition of employment.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)Time Type