Account Manager II – AbbVie Ad Agency
PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES
The Account Manager II serves as the primary liaison between the AbbVie Ad Agency and the brand teams and is responsible for managing the day-to-day relationships within the Agency. Working in partnership with the Agency’s creative staff and external resources/suppliers, the position provides strategic direction and counsel to help the brand teams meet their business objectives/sales goals.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Maintain knowledge of AbbVie guidelines including, but not limited to, corporate branding, promotional material development, PromoMats review and corporate compliance.
· Possess a thorough understanding of their accounts’ (both U.S. and Global) product attributes, marketing objectives, target audience, competitive environment, market dynamics and medical/regulatory/legal position.
· Maintain an intimate understanding of the Agency Workflow Process including project initiation and kickoff, collaboration, necessary approvals, production and archiving.
· Demonstrate critical creative thinking and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task to enhance productivity and manage workload.
· Demonstrate leadership in conflict resolution to facilitate effective outcomes.
· Possess ability to work in a high-volume, rapidly paced environment.
· Collaborate with the brand team in the development of creative briefs
· Recommend key promotional tactics that align with the strategy and goals of the brand.
· Issue client contact reports to ensure key information is being quickly communicated to all involved stakeholders.
· Review creative development of a project during concept to completion to ensure specifications, client expectations, budgets, timelines, etc. are being adhered to.
· Facilitate ongoing, timely and accurate communications to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget.
· Develop annual forecasts.
· Conduct financial reconciliations on a monthly basis.
· Track time on a daily basis.
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE
· Reports to AbbVie Ad Agency Group Account Director
· Partners with creative team on project initiatives
· Accountable for strategic direction creative/tactical execution, compliance to all related guidelines and budget
· Adherence to all company-wide financial policies
· Bachelor degree required
· Master’s degree or equivalent related project or functional experience is desirable
· Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred (both U.S. and Global)
· In-house ad agency/ad agency experience a plus
· Excellent communications skills: verbal, presentation, written
· High energy, positive, organized individual who is comfortable in a high-visibility role
· Ability to manage high volume project scope in a fast paced creative environment
· Great collaborator with ability to focus on both the big picture and small details
· Total account management experience -- 10-15+ years
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.