At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Come develop great machine learning solutions to solve exciting and diverse Lilly Genetic Medicine problems!
The Advanced Analytics and Data Science (AADS) Lilly Genetic Medicine team is actively looking for a collaborative, adaptable team member who likes solving problems in diverse fields. We work with multiple teams across Lilly to bring machine learning capabilities to a wide range of problems. Are you determined to bring impactful machine learning solutions to the space of genetic medicine? If so, please apply.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will contribute to a growing medicinal area as we try to solve: an accelerating genetic medicine pipeline with machine learning, mathematical approaches to directed drug development of RNA based technologies, and understanding the mechanisms behind RNA therapies through data driven models.
How You’ll Succeed
- As a key contributor to this team, you will bring a high learning agility and relationship building skills to understand genetic medicine in Lilly, identify opportunities, and capture requirements.
- You will bring your experience of machine learning/statistics/optimization/deep learning and/or engineering background to develop solutions and support other projects with technical input.
- With an approach that embraces adapting to failure, you will use superb communication to influence decisions and enable the AADS Lilly Genetic Medicine Team to build relationships across Lilly.
- You are curious about new technologies and willing to dive into the biological background of the data and bring your expertise to this exciting field.
What You Should Bring
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and statistics based methods
- Experience of applying theoretical work to real world applications with a holistic understanding of the project motivation and collaborators’ goals
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Familiarity with deep learning, statistics, image analysis, and knowledgeable in general machine learning algorithms
- Experience communicating machine learning solutions to audiences with varying levels of expertise
- Interest and/or experience in genetic medicine therapeutics
Your Basic Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics focusing on Numeric Analysis, High Performance Computing, Operations Research, Physics, Engineering or quantitative related field
- OR Master in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field with at least 4 years related working experience.
About the Organization
Our Advanced Analytics and Data Sciences organization is growing to support the entire Lilly enterprise, from Discovery to Development to Manufacturing and Commercialization of our medicines. To solve the complex problems of a global business and the ever-evolving data and analytics landscape, the organization generally requires advanced degrees in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research and computer science. We are playing a leading role in transforming the way the company discovers and develops new treatments, identifies personalized treatment regimens, drives efficiency in our operations and optimizes our commercialization of new products. We are doing this with an emphasis in the areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence, natural language processing and other approaches to unstructured data, advanced mathematical and predictive modeling, visual analytics and more. Whether you are intrigued by the research and development of new medicines or optimizing our commercialization/business, or driving efficiency into our operations, we have a position for you. You will be encouraged to identify important business problems and to further your own research interests in these areas including presentations and publications at professional meetings.
Come join us on our amazing journey to make life better!
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.