Quality Control Analyst II/III
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics, Inc.
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Start date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Quality, Quality Control
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT) is a clinical-stage biotech advancing therapies to treat multi-drug resistant infections. We are on a mission to address today's — and tomorrow's — toughest infections. We are looking for intelligent and motivated people to help us reach those goals.
The QC Analyst will be responsible for performance of testing of APT products under cGMP conditions in the Quality Control laboratories. Testing methodologies include maintenance of microbial cultures, viral infectivity assays, ELISA, PCR, particle sizing, endotoxin (LAL), environmental sampling of controlled ISO 5-8 classified areas and traditional wet chemistry methods. Testing activities include routine lot release and stability testing, as well as qualification/validation of analytical methods.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Perform raw material, in-process, release, and stability testing for APT products under cGMP conditions; troubleshoot when needed
- Perform sample management activities, e.g. receipt/log-in, storage, and retrieval for samples submitted to Quality Control.
- Conduct testing for analytical method qualification/validation.
- Perform environmental sampling for routine environmental monitoring (EM) of cleanrooms.
- Maintain EM equipment with cleaning and preventive maintenance, as required.
- Maintain required QC records and logs via paper and computerized systems.
- Perform preparation and shipment of samples to external contract testing laboratories.
- Report and participate in the investigation of QC related deviations, out-of-specification results, and EM excursions.
- Write technical documents such as reports, change controls, and SOPs.
- Maintain the QC laboratory and equipment in a clean and organized state.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, & activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor of Science degree/equivalent in life sciences or related field.
- 5 plus years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology Quality Control.
- Experience with viral plaque assays is a plus.
- Experience with HPLC, ELISA or other analytical assays a plus
- Working knowledge of cGMP regulations.
- Fluency with commonly used Microsoft software applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required; APT employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on the premises.
- Microbial cell culture and aseptic technique under BSL-2 conditions.
- Understanding of cGMP compliance in the Quality Control laboratory.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritize workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to changing priorities and unforeseen events.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job and will be available to the candidate upon request.
APT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. APT seeks to diversify its work force and is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through the Adaptive Phage Therapeutics Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Adaptive Phage Therapeutics, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Adaptive Phage Therapeutics can submit their information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you if needed.
Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT) is a clinical-stage company founded to provide an effective therapeutic response to the global rise of multi-drug resistant (MDR) pathogenic bacteria.
APT’s approach arms us with the unique capability of adapting to the emergence of future antibiotic-resistant superbugs. Our PhageBank’s precision targeted, genomically screened, and highly purified phage collection is dynamically expanding in response to the emergence of new strains of bacterial superbugs.
708 Quince Orchard Blvd.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert