Oncology Account Manager
- Coherus BioSciences
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Start date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Sales & Service, Account Management, Science/R&D, Oncology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
The Oncology Account Manager will be responsible for driving the appropriate utilization of UDENYCA™ and future products for attaining all territory sales objectives, in a compliant fashion. This role requires the building of sustained relationships with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, administrators, billing, finance, office practice managers mid-levels and other pertinent staff. Solid clinical, product, reimbursement and financial acumen will be required for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing account profiles and business plans for UDENYCA™. and all subsequent products
- Meet or exceed sales goals assigned by the company.
- Execute a high level of clinical and product acumen for appropriate positioning of UDENYCA™. and all subsequent products
- Develop sustained relationships, in targeted accounts, with pertinent staff.
- Represent Coherus products in a manner consistent with Coherus ethics, policies and compliance expectations at all times.
- Foster teamwork and communication in a high intensity, fast paced environment, where the best interests of patients and Coherus are prioritized.
- Apply a solid understanding of reimbursement, contracting and finance associated with injectable medications.
- Operate independently and with urgency on a daily basis.
- Understand and breakdown complex matrix accounts to ensure proper strategic focus and planning.
- Apply superior selling skills including planning, probing, challenging, aligning, closing and follow-up.
- Plan, budget and execute resources provided by the company including exhibits, speaker programs, the HUB, executive visits, as well as coordination of National Account Director and Key Account Director activities.
- Travel Expectations: Daily in-person and overnight travel can include up to 50% to make in-person visits with HCPs, clinics, hospitals. Travel will also include National Sales Meetings, Regional Meetings. Speaker Programs and Conferences.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA Preferred)
- 5 Years minimum, demonstrated sales success in the oncology marketplace preferred
- Experience in hospital, academic and community oncology selling preferred
- Buy and bill experience needed with strong reimbursement & fiscal acumen
- Prior launch of Oncology injectables preferred
- Solid understanding of community GPOs (ION, OnMark, USO) as well as Hospital GPOs
- Prior contracting experience in the oncology marketplace
- Understanding of multiple distribution models and Specialty Pharmacy
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem solving, communication and leadership skills required
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of community oncology practices, hospitals, academic medical centers and IDNs required
- Development, execution and follow-up of business plans
- Communicate cross-functionally with other field-based personnel
- Ability to be flexible, problem-solve and wear multiple hats in a start-up environment
The Base Salary Range for this position is $150,000 to $200,000. Coherus considers various factors, including professional background and work experience, when determining base pay. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Coherus is focused on expanding patient access to important, cost-effective medicines and delivering significant savings to the U.S. healthcare system. Every member of the Coherus team is dedicated, motivated, and passionate about expanding patient access to lifesaving therapeutics. Our colleagues are experts in analytical and process sciences, deeply experienced in clinical development and regulatory affairs, and have proven commercial and marketing capabilities. Everyone at Coherus is committed to meeting the highest standards, inspiring our teammates, and achieving our goals.
Coherus was founded a decade ago to provide the highest quality biosimilar treatments to patients. We are proud to now be expanding our legacy—to build on our success with biosimilars and to focus our core strengths on immuno-oncology.
At Coherus, our employees are our most important asset. We have a dynamic and rewarding organizational culture that offers the opportunity to work with leading industry professionals who are dedicated to making a difference for patients. We are looking for individuals who see unlimited potential in themselves and are motivated by a continuous passion for breaking down barriers and expanding access to lifesaving therapeutics.
Coherus offers a competitive total rewards program comprised of various elements, including competitive base pay, short- and long-term incentives in the form of performance-based cash and equity, as well as health and wellness benefits that include
• Healthcare: Coherus pays 90% of premiums for medical, dental, and vision coverage for our
employees, their eligible spouses, dependents, and domestic partners.
• Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
• Group Life, Disability, and Group Accident Insurance
• 401(k) with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Health & Wellness programs, including a Health Club Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program
Health & Wellness programs, including a Health Club Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program
In addition to providing attractive rewards packages, we encourage and support our employees to find the right balance of work and personal time. Coherus offers a variety of activities, perks, and holidays that encourage employees to have a healthy outlook, spend time outside of work with friends and family, and foster a productive and collaborative work environment. Our culture is one in which we challenge and support all our team members to do their best work.
For more information about Coherus, please check out: https://www.coherus.com/about-coherus/
333 Twin Dolphin Dr, #600
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert