IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. IDEAYA has established strategic collaborations with Amgen and Pfizer supporting its pipeline programs, and also has wholly-owned or controlled clinical and preclinical programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Director of Clinical Pharmacology with significant pharmaceutical industry experience to join our multidisciplinary team based in South San Francisco. The role requires the candidate to work collaboratively with the related cross-functional teams to drive project progression. The candidate will represent their function on discovery and clinical development teams providing strategic leadership and executing clinical pharmacology and DMPK plans to fulfill registration requirements across IDEAYA early and late-stage programs.
What you'll do:
- Provide expert guidance on all aspects of clinical pharmacology programs supporting drug discovery and clinical development, including authoring clinical protocols, study reports, data analysis (exposure/efficacy/safety) to supporting development and registration of IDEAYA products.
- One of the key roles of this position is to apply state-of-art pharmacometrics methodologies that encompass disease, drug exposures, and modelling to support drug discovery, development and regulatory decisions. Expertise in model-based analyses such as population pharmacokinetic and pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling, exposure-response (ER) analyses, quantitative systems pharmacology modelling (QSP), physiological-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modelling, optimal design, are highly desired.
- Provide high-quality scientific knowledge/insight and drive the customized clinical pharmacology and DMPK plans
- Write, review and edit relevant sections of regulatory documents ((IND’s, NDA’s, IB’s, etc.) and respond to regulatory inquires related to line function
- Ensuring adherence to agreed timelines and budgets to insure prompt and accurate execution of deliverables from clinical pharmacology studies and programs
- Lead writing of scientific publications on relevant topics - abstracts, posters, oral presentations and manuscripts
- Engage and manage CRO’s to ensure compliance with agreed protocols, quality standards and timelines
- Ph.D. PharmD (minimum 10 years of industry experience) or B.S./M.S (minimum 20 years of industry experience) in pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacology, Chemistry, or related field
- Extensive and hands on pharmaceutical industrial experience in study design, pharmacometrics analysis, modeling-simulation. Proficiency in using modeling software packages (i.e., Phoenix WinNonlin, NONMEM, R, SAS, or other similar tools)
- Strong knowledge of model-informed drug development, ADME-PK concepts, and regulatory clinical pharmacology requirements to support clinical development and regulatory submission
- Broad understanding of drug development especially oncology
- Experience with managing external resources including CROs and consultants
- Demonstrated track record and ability to author regulatory documents that support clinical development
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Dynamic and innovative scientist with a well-developed sense of teamwork. He or she will have the interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with external collaborators and internal project teams.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while demonstrating a calm and positive attitude and a superior work ethic
$220,000 - $260,000 a year
The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.California Job Applicant Privacy Notice