Head of LNP and Delivery Sciences
- ReCode Therapeutics
- Menlo Park, California
- Start date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Engineering, Chemical Engineer, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Pharmacology
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
ReCode Therapeutics is seeking a highly talented and motivated world-class lipid nanoparticle and non-viral delivery expert. Extensive LNP and drug development experience and a strong understanding and relevant experience in novel lipid chemistry is expected. The candidate should also have a good understanding of testing, screening, characterization, scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of therapeutic agents including novel lipids. The candidate will also lead further development of the next generation of SORT LNPs, including the design, synthesis, evaluation, characterization, development and use of SORT LNPs and potentially other non-viral delivery agents. The ideal candidate will work closely with the scientific and drug development teams at ReCode and should have a very good understanding of the barriers to in vivo delivery of genetic medicine cargoes and areas of opportunity to further improve their safety, potency, targeting and manufacturing. The ideal candidate will be a leader and team player with excellent communication skills and an effective, inspiring management style.
- Lead and oversee a team of scientists to design new LNPs, carry out lipid modifications, and make and evaluate new lipids and LNPs for delivery of genetic medicine cargoes
- Provide technical leadership to improve the safety, potency, delivery, targeting and manufacturing of LNP-based delivery systems
- Recruit and build a world-class non-viral delivery team
- Work cross-functionally to advance the creation, characterization, and optimization of LNP-based delivery systems
- Provide delivery-related support and guidance to platform and therapeutic programs
- Analyze, interpret, and present data to internal and external audiences
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, medicinal-chemistry or related area with 8+ years' experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech organization leading the development and use of LNP delivery systems
- Recognized expert and leader in the field of LNPs and non-viral delivery of genetic medicine cargoes
- Enterprise leader with experience growing and scaling teams
- Deep experience with LNPs, conjugation, lipid and medicinal chemistry in the context ofthe creation of new therapies
- Prior extensive experience with LNPs and lipid chemistry and the delivery of mRNA andother genetic medicine cargoes
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Highest levels of honesty, ethics, transparency, reliability and a commitment toteamwork and benefiting patients
This position requires the following competencies, but is not limited to:
- World-class expertise in LNPs and non-viral delivery
- Proven leadership of science and drug development teams
- Managing change
- Influence within the organization
- Communication internally and in world-class forums
- Driving for results
*355-365k - *Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Why Behind Our Work
We imagine a world where people living with genetic diseases can fully benefit from the promise of genetic medicines. Our novel mRNA and gene correction therapeutics have the potential to make this a reality.
Therapeutic Areas of Focus
Primary ciliary dyskinesia
Certain cancers and central nervous system (CNS) diseases
Power the Next Wave of Genetic Medicine
We are one of the rare companies whose innovations are poised to fundamentally shift an entire class of medicine.
Join us as we advance our pipeline into clinical development and scale ReCode’s next-generation genetic medicines delivery platform and pipeline.
1140 O'Brien Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert