Executive Director, Global Pricing
- CSL Behring
- King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- Start date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Administration, Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, Product Development/Management, Strategic Marketing, General
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
The Executive Director Global Pricing, is responsible for leading, through collaboration with cross functional and cross regional stakeholders, the development and implementation of global pricing strategies for all assets and products in the CSL Behring portfolio. In addition, the position holder is responsible for strengthening the end-to-end pricing performance of the CSL Behring portfolio including price potential of assets for development consideration, shaping pre-launch and pipeline pricing strategies and International Reference Pricing considerations, and managing ongoing operations of optimizing in-line assets global price performance.
This is a highly visible and critical role within CSL Behring that partners with and influences stakeholders from across the Commercial organization and more broadly, including Global Commercial Development (across Marketing and Market Access), Regional Commercial Business Units (NA, EU, APAC, ICO), Finance, Research & Development and E2E.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Leads Global Pricing Committee (GPC) to drive strategic pricing decisions, in alignment with COLT. Lead GPC to provide strategic input into launch pricing strategy, endorse, recommend, approve, or reject requests for price exceptions to the Global Floor and introduce annual strategic pricing expectations.
- Accountable for establishing core pricing processes, playbook and enabling the business with meaningful reports and insights. Directs and manages resources accountable for establishing global pricing operations and governance.
- Responsible for developing recommendations, strategies, and operations that drive improved list and net pricing performance, partnership in alignment with regional and commercial development needs.
- Ensure profitability of products is maximized through understanding the impact of cost of goods sold at the SKU level and ensuring this is captured in List, Net & Global and Regional Floor Prices.
- Provides recommendations on global pricing strategy and critical pricing decisions to Chief Commercial Officer supported by research, data, competitive insights, business objectives, and analytics.
Graduate degree or equivalent in business, life sciences or healthcare discipline; MBA preferred.
15+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including leadership roles in pricing in a global context.
Demonstrable experience in global pricing strategy development and implementation, including launch pricing. High value products and rare / orphan drugs required; immunology, and/or hematology disease experience preferred.
Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of US, EU, Intercontinental, Asia Pacific and Emerging Markets pricing environments.
Strong collaboration skills capable of influencing internal and key external decision-makers.
Strong communication skills capable of engaging senior executives and other audiences.
Strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to manage complexity where both strategic and tactical skills are required.
Strong thought leadership and strategic thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to identify business issues/opportunities.
Willingness and flexibility to meet overseas travel requirements (up to 20%).
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
As the third largest global biotechnology company with employees in more than 35 countries, CSL Behring is focused on serving patients with serious and rare diseases, including coagulation disorders, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema, respiratory disease and neurological disorders. We collaborate with patient and biomedical communities to improve access to therapies, advance scientific knowledge and support future medical research.
CSL Behring's dynamic environment fosters innovation and attracts the best and brightest who share a commitment to helping save lives. People here are free to live their Promising FUTURES where they can fulfill their individual career aspirations and realize their potential.
CSL Behring is committed to diversity and inclusion, both of which underpin our Values of patient focus, innovation, collaboration, integrity and superior performance. We believe that by harnessing and honoring the unique capabilities, experiences and perspectives of our people, we are better able to serve our patients.
CSL Behring operates one of the world's largest plasma collection networks, CSL Plasma. The parent company, CSL Limited, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, employs more than 27,000 people, and provides its life-saving medicines in more than 70 countries.
For more information visit www.cslbehring.com. Help us deliver on our promise to save lives and protect the health of people around the world. Promising FUTURES start at CSL Behring!
Stock Symbol: CSL
Stock Exchange: Australian Securities Exchange
1020 First Avenue
King of Prussia
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert