Rare Disease Key Account Manager - Kansas City, MO
- Kansas City, MO
- Start date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Sales & Service, Account Management, Science/R&D, Pathology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
Amgen is seeking a Rare Disease Key Account Manager (RD KAM) to execute commercial activities for the assigned geography and establish relationships
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Rare Disease Key Account Manager Kansas City, MO
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. We are seeking a Rare Disease Key Account Manager (RD KAM) to execute commercial activities for the assigned geography and establish relationships with customers to drive demand for Tavneos (avacopan) in approved patients. Tavneos is indicated as an adjunctive treatment of adult patients with severe active anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (granulomatosis with polyangiitis [GPA] and microscopic polyangiitis [MPA]) in combination with standard therapy including glucocorticoids.
This role is field based and will require gaining access to customers in a clinic OR hospital setting while also maximizing your ability to engage through digital channels.
The RD KAM will be responsible for product performance at a territory level, expected to be a disease category expert, a product champion, provide account management support, and exhibit business knowledge of the local landscape to assess key stakeholders plus future trends within the marketplace.
- Proficiency in both live and virtual customer engagements
- Develop a comprehensive and effective territory business plan aimed at achieving and exceeding annual goals established by commercial leadership
- Ability to engage all stakeholders around patient ecosystem caregivers, HCPs, case managers, nurses, infusion centers, etc. in multiple settings of care-Hospital, Clinic, etc.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate across all corporate functions-MSLs, TLLs, Nurse Coordinators, Field Access Team, supporting sales teams, etc.
- Key account strategic lead; Develops and executes innovative market strategies to reach difficult to access health care providers and accounts in a compliant manner
- Channel patients to treatment: Creating referral networks to both existing centers of excellence, as well as, setting up new treatment CoEs.
- Building long-term relationships across multiple stakeholders and senior decision-makers, both inside and outside of Amgen, and sustaining extensive and rich networks to advance business partnerships and deep customer relationships.
- Developing, deploying, and enhancing deep and broad requisite knowledge of the U.S., regional healthcare ecosystem, Amgen, competitor portfolios and customers (provider organization and payer), in order to build powerful, evidence-based solutions that create value for Amgen, potential customers and partners in the healthcare market.
- Ability to create broader disease awareness beyond the expert (i.e., with patients, GPs)
- Identifies drivers/barriers and coordinates pull-through initiatives across field teams
- Provides actionable field intelligence and recommendations to Amgen home office
- Partnersclosely with Market Access Team Account Executives in shared accounts.
- Promote Tavneos within approved labeling in a comprehensive, fair and ethical manner that is consistent with industry specific and corporate legal and regulatory guidelines
- Develop strong customer relationships by better understanding the customers needs
- Serves as a resource/consultant to customers and staff regarding payer policies and processes (eligibility and benefit verification, prior-authorization and appeals/denials)
- Maximizes use of marketing resources to maintain and develop customer relationships for the purpose of growing the customers confidence to prescribe Amgen medications for appropriate patients
- Communicates territory activity in an accurate and timely manner as directed by management
- Provides feedback to sales and commercial leadership, marketing colleagues, and other internal departments about changing environment and other internal departments
- Successfully completes all training classes
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion
- Manages efforts within assigned promotional budget
- Attends medical congresses and society meetings as needed
- Ensures timely access for patients through patient services and savings programs
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The solutions oriented professional we seek is a driven contributor with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of collective account management experience, sales, & commercial experience OR
- Masters degree & 6 years of collective account management experience, sales, & commercial experience OR
- Bachelors degree & 8 years of collective account management experience, sales, & commercial experience OR
- Associate degree & 10 years of collective account management experience, sales, & commercial experience
- Advanced degree, e.g. MBA, MPH
- Prior Account Management or Payer experience preferred
- Managerial experience directly managing people such as or District Manager experience and/or leadership experience leading cross functional teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Proven track record of access creation in managed markets
- Experience negotiating contracts with regional payers & IDNs
- Working knowledge of geography including existing relationships with key customers
- Prior experience developing and implementing strategic initiatives with cross-functional Business Units that successfully enable access and demand creation in key accounts
- Prior experience working with Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs), HOPE MSLs, Medical platform or policy development and opinion leader engagement
- Account Management, Reimbursement, Quality, and Value experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills including experience with executive-level audiences
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills/business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, impart energy and enthusiasm, and work in teams
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $154,886 to $181,773.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
Stock-based long-term incentives
Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are all different, yet we have this in common: our mission to serve patients. This sense of shared purpose is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. It guides us as we continue to launch new medicines and reach millions of patients worldwide.
We live the mission.
We win together.
We thrive on continual challenge.
Our team of 22,000+ scientists and professionals worldwide bring distinct perspectives and experiences to all we do. We leverage our global talent to achieve together—to research, manufacture and deliver ever-better products and greater depth to our mission.
At Amgen, there is a strong correlation between our high level of diversity and performance. Because addressing issues with a wider range of perspectives and approaches leads to more creative problem-solving. Together, we’re transforming the promise of science and biotechnology into therapies that have the power to restore health.
Connect with us to explore how you can Win, Live, and Thrive at Amgen.
One Amgen Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert