Your work will change lives. Including your own.
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help manage the development of the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. You will work with peers across the company to grow Recursion’s capabilities in large-scale biological data generation. In particular, you will:
- Build machine learning-enabled processes, across in vivo and in vitro biology
- Coordinate development of new scientific and technical capabilities
- Guide strategy for ongoing projects while also identifying future opportunities
- Innovate on novel in vivo tools
- Multiply a cross-disciplinary team of data scientists, pharmacologists, and engineers
- Plan and coordinate delivery of complex, high-impact initiatives
The Team You’ll Join
With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, we have built a large pre-clinical dataset consisting of multimodal signals (videos, temperature, humidity, histology, clinical observations) representing mice studies. Our goal is to leverage this unique dataset to predict drug efficacy, toxicity and overall likelihood of success in humans, while using the least number of animals possible. We are developing the tools and methods to turn our experimental data into treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals.
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development initiatives and capabilities. We decide what to build and articulate the why, while supporting builders to own the how. We focus our decisions and are held accountable for impact over the longer-term (months to years). Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning products, for products with computer vision applications, deploying algorithms at scale, understanding the tradeoffs between generating the right data and generating impact
- Demonstrated success in delivering novel systems and solutions (Bonus)
- Experience in product management or similar practice including strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts
- Understand how to translate between experts in engineering, biology and data science to identify business needs and find solutions
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.