Your work will change lives. Including your own.
At Recursion, we combine experimental biology, chemistry, automation and artificial intelligence to quickly and efficiently identify treatments for diseases. We generate a wide variety of data across different biological and chemical domains, and build models off of that data. Reporting to the Director of Engineering for this group, the ML Platform Engineering Manager will work to provide first-in-class capabilities and infrastructure that accelerate and enable machine learning across the business.
The Impact You'll Make
- Understand and Document Functional, Non-functional and Operational requirements for the Enterprise Applications.
- Work with the stakeholders and vendors to lead and drive proof of concept exercises identifying the right technology fit for Recursion.
- Design, Configure, Implement, Secure, Operate and Maintain all Enterprise and Departmental Applications - ERP, HRIS, Finance, IT Service Management, IT GRC and Clinical Development Apps etc
- Manage APIs and various Application integrations as required within and external to Recursion including partners as applicable
- Drives performance improvements. Ensures application uptime meets or exceeds defined SLAs. Leverages relationships with coworkers and across departments to resolve issues affecting customers. Empathizes with customers and advocates the customer point-of-view. Identifies priorities and presents solutions, keeping the customer in mind.
- Coordinate with the InfoSec team to build threat detection logic and dynamic operational dashboards as needed.
- Ensure appropriate Access Management and Service Management workflows are built for the application(s).
- Run routine data analysis and perform data operations as required.
- Leverage automation techniques and develop scripts to manipulate data repositories to support data analysis. Develop documentation supporting management procedures and implementation guides for the various application(s).
- Develop scripts and tools to automate the application maintenance activities
- Continually develops new skills, knowledge, and abilities to maintain currency on developments with supported applications and architecture. Consistently aligns department activities with industry best practices.
The Team You'll Join
- You will be joining a growing IT and Information Security team at Recursion,focused on securely implementing and operating our systems, IT Infrastructure, tools and technologies that enables Recursion to decode biology by running experiments at scale from experiment conception through successful execution. You'll collaborate with your teammates and across departments to agree on what the most important challenges and capabilities are, then figure out how to get us there.
The Experience You'll Need
- Ability to convey application Technical concepts to non-technical audiences (e.g. senior and executive management, internal customers)
- 8+ Hands-On experience with Enterprise Technology implementations specifically in the case of ERP and HRIS systems, Clinical Development systems etc with experience in Finance, Procurement, Inventory Management, Order Management, Payroll, Benefits, Onboarding modules, Clinical Trial Management, Druf Safety, IVR and EDC etc.
- 12+ years of of Enterprise IT experience in mid-size or larger organization preferably in the Pharma/BioTech space
- Experience with ITIL, TOGAF or similar Architecture framework
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.