Patient Advocacy Lead, CRC
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Science/R&D, Immunology, Oncology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
- Build and strengthen enduring, relationships with leading patient organizations to advance Takeda’s CRC objectives
- Drive an innovative, cross-functional approach to CRC community partnerships on mutual areas of focus. Develop and implement US and Global patient advocacy plan for CRC aligned with Takeda therapy area priorities
- Further access and value-related objectives by ensuring patients and caregivers’ voices are heard
- Advance Takeda CRC-related priorities through compliant sponsorships and execution of program benefits
- Hold accountability for annual budget
- Identify and disseminate CRC-related best practices, increasing the impact of regional and country patient advocacy teams
- Compliantly demonstrate the value and impact of patient advocacy programs and sponsorships
- Contribute to Global, regional and country training programs
- Adhere to relevant internal policies and industry regulations
- Advance other OBU, above brand, and Patient Advocacy imperatives as requested
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- An undergraduate degree is required; a graduate degree in a relevant area is preferred, e.g., nursing, pharmacy, social work, public policy and public health. Relevant work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech company, including patient advocacy, government relations, R&D, marketing, market access or an equivalent amount of experience in a patient, consumer or professional association. Prior experience in oncology is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry required
- Solid understanding of relevant regulations and guidelines (eg, FDA)
- Demonstrated ability to create buy-in and gain consensus and alignment across teams and individuals
- Exceptional oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills. Experience engaging with senior leaders.
- Experience in working independently, often with tight timelines
- Solid business acumen; ability to direct and manage vendors to ensure successful implementation of initiatives
- Strong budget management competencies
- Skills in successful negotiation
- Consistently represents the company with the utmost level of professionalism with internal and external stakeholders
Travel required; <25%What Takeda can offer you:
Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
Family Planning Support
Flexible Work Paths
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Preference will be given to candidates with a remote location near, and availability to work during the working hours of, the corporate office in Boston, Massachusetts.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert