Sr Training Specialist, Global Patient Operations - L&D
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company
- Seattle, Washington
- Start date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Administration, Clinical, Clinical Medicine
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Global Patient Operations Sr. Specialist is responsible for supporting training initiatives for internal team members, external partners for Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) Clinical and Commercial Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell Therapies. This role partners with multiple functions within Global Patient Operations to design trainings content material, create and revise training materials, and lead trainings. This role will also coordinate and support the new hire onboarding process for Global Patient Operations.
This role can be based out of our corporate offices in Seattle, WA. Travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Actively engage in the identification, sharing, and adaptation of best training practices cross-functionally
- Partner with Patient Operations leadership to create and provide effective, efficient and relevant learning content used to educate cross functional global partners
- Support Global ACT Program, ACT template development and Qualifies ACT instructors Ensure consistency across regions, final approver of ACT content
- Ensures new hires are onboarded and trained effectively
- Responsible for developing SOPs & documents, as assigned (Owner/Editor/Reviewer/Approver in document management system)
- Supports setting KPIs for the Learning and Developing Training team and provides input for process improvements
- Lead and own multiple projects (complex, strategic, cross-functional), as assigned
- Support software releases to meet project timelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Education or related field
- Required minimum 3 years of learning and development experience
- Expertise in adult learning principles
- Experience building content and leading training sessions in a variety of locations, and with remote virtual learning environments
- Proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SmartSheet
- Proficient in training softwaresuch as Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Suite, and Camtasia
- Prefer minimum 1 year of experience in a regulated environment
- Familiarity with document management systems.
- Experience with Veeva Vault QualityDocs, is a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and apply findings to solve problems and continuously improve.
- Ability to rapidly solve problems and deal with organizational complexity
- Ability to prioritize and complete work with sense of urgency based on criticality
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and Teams.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: specifically: InDesign. Preferred: Adobe photoshop
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $75,000- $95,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation is decided based on demonstrated experience. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site. Eligibility for specific benefits listed in our careers site may vary based on the job and location
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation.Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment.This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we believe in the power of science to address some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our focus on these unmet needs comes during a remarkable time, when unprecedented scientific breakthroughs are advancing the treatment of disease as never before in human history.
We work every day to transform patients’ lives through science. Each day, our employees around the world work together for patients – they are at the center of everything we do. They inspire us. They are the reason we come to work each day.
We combine the agility of a biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
430 E. 29th St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert