Associate Director, Research Project Management
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company
- Seattle, Washington
- Start date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Project Management, Regulatory
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Associate Director, Oncology Research Project Management
The Research Project Manager (PM) partners with the research project core team and leaders to develop the integrated project plan andis accountable for proactive cross-functional planning and execution of the plan.
The research PM is responsible for of the operational strategy, management of timelines/cost/quality, risk assessment and mitigation, facilitation of science-based and business/portfolio-oriented discussions, and management of enterprise reporting and governance/stage gate transitions.
The Research PM provides an independent voice to shape the overall project strategy and drive optimal decisions for the broader portfolio value, and is accountable for fostering development of high performing teams, actively monitoring the health and operating efficiency of teams and guiding teams toward entry into the early development.
The Research PM will manage up to four Oncology research projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for consistent development of integrated cross-functional project timelines, risk assessment and mitigation plans for their assigned programs and managing progress versus plan.
- Facilitates effective, science-based business decisions including development of scenarios (base-case, buy-ups, buy-downs) as needed, highlighting interdependencies and downstream impacts (including but not limited to timelines and budget) of strategic decisions.
- Ensures all decisions are assessed as to their risks and impacts and ensures mitigation plans are implemented.
- Accountable for communication to team and stakeholders in a transparent and timely manner.
- Acts as an integrator across the enterprise to ensure alignment and connect best practices
- Develops and coordinates resource and budget planning across functions to assure adequate resources are applied to the project and any changes are highlighted appropriately
- Maintain and assess the effectiveness of the team operating model within their assigned teams
- Coach research teams to drive excellence and accountability, governance expectations and preparation for key decision point discussions with focus on cross-functional input and rigorous debate
- For projects that are being jointly developed, works closely with a key strategic alliance partner
- Change agent for continuous improvement and transformational initiatives within R&ED, PM and RDSP
- Advanced degree in Science or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial R&D.
- Experience managing and/or leading cross-functional matrix teams.
- Demonstrated competency in early phase drug development.
- Experience in oncology preferred but not required.
- Leadership skills including situational leadership, ability to lead a team of experts and influence without authority, and lead matrixed teams.
- Experience with commonly used project management tools.
- Strong communicator able to integrate and succinctly summarize the various parts of a project and effectively tailor messages to audience including senior leaders.
- Ability to resolve complex problems and manage difficult stakeholder situations.
- Ability to lead the development of critical path analyses and scenario planning.
- Excellent Project Management Skills – drives execution while balancing speed, quality, and cost.
The starting compensation for this job ranges from $159,000.00 to $200,000.00, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). The starting pay takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Finally, individual compensation is decided based on demonstrated experience. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Careers site. Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation.Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment.This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we believe in the power of science to address some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our focus on these unmet needs comes during a remarkable time, when unprecedented scientific breakthroughs are advancing the treatment of disease as never before in human history.
We work every day to transform patients’ lives through science. Each day, our employees around the world work together for patients – they are at the center of everything we do. They inspire us. They are the reason we come to work each day.
We combine the agility of a biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
430 E. 29th St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert