Senior Clinical Trial Physician, Ozanimod Crohn's Disease
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company
- Seattle, Washington
- Start date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Research, Clinical Trials
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Position Summary / Objective
- Serves as a primary source of medical accountability and oversight for multiple clinical trials
- Matrix management responsibilities across the internal and external network
- Manages Phase 3 studies, with demonstrated decision making capabilities
- Provides medical and scientific expertise to cross-functional BMS colleagues
- Contributes to and is a key member of a high performing Study Delivery Team (SDT) and may be a member of the Clinical Development Team (CDT)
- Leads medical data review of trial data, including eligibility review
- Holds responsibility for site interactions in partnership with the Clinical Scientist (CS) for medical questions and education (including safety management guidelines)
- Holds responsibility for assessment of key safety-related serious adverse events in partnership with Worldwide Patient Safety and oversees safety narratives
- Leads collaboration with CS and inputs into protocols, providing medical strategic oversight in protocol development (input on inclusion/exclusion and other safety-related clinical considerations)
- Fulfills GCP and compliance obligations for clinical conduct and maintains all required training
Clinical Development Expertise & Strategy
- In collaboration with the Clinical Development Lead, designs and develops clinical plans and protocols with a strong strategic focus based on knowledge of asset/drug, disease area and relevant science in order to meet regulatory and disease strategy targets
- Provides oversight and medical accountability for a group of studies
- Leads the analysis of benefit/risk for clinical development protocols in a matrix team environment working with Clinical Scientists (CS)
- Partners with CS to support executional delivery of studies (e.g., site activation, enrollment status, as well as adjudication for protocol violations, significant, non-significant deviations etc.)
- Identifies and builds relationships with principal investigators. Identifies and cultivates thought leaders in order to gain their inputs on emerging science in drug and biomarker research, disease knowledge, and design of clinical development studies and programs
- Maintains a strong medical/scientific reputation within the disease area. Has in-depth knowledge of etiology, natural history, diagnosis, and treatment of the disorder. Holds strong expertise in the disease area by attending scientific conferences and ongoing review of the literature
- Keeps abreast of development and regulatory issues related to other competitive or relevant compounds in development and how our portfolio fits into the competitive landscape
- Provides ongoing medical education in partnership with collaborating Clinical Scientists to allow for protocol-specific training, supporting the study team, investigators, and others
Health Authority Interactions & Publications
- Contributes to and serves as medical point of expertise in key Health Authority interactions and advisory board meetings as Senior Clinical Trial Physician
- Authors/drafts clinical content for CSRs, regulatory reports, briefing books and submission documents to support closure, clinical narratives, reporting and filling of the study in partnership with CSs
- MD required (or x-US equivalent)
- 5 or more years of Industry experience and/or clinical trials experience is required
Key Competency Requirements
- Ability to communicate information clearly and lead presentations in scientific and clinical settings
- Subspecialty training in applicable therapeutic area desired
- Expertise in the scientific method to test hypotheses, including statistical design, analysis, and interpretation
- Expertise in drug development process
- Expertise in the components needed to execute an effective clinical plan and protocols
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment
Domestic and International travel may be required.
The starting compensation for this jobis a range from $270,000-$305,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and the where the job is performed.
Final, individual compensation will be decidedbased on demonstratedexperience.
For more on benefits, please visit our https://careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation.Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment.This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we believe in the power of science to address some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our focus on these unmet needs comes during a remarkable time, when unprecedented scientific breakthroughs are advancing the treatment of disease as never before in human history.
We work every day to transform patients’ lives through science. Each day, our employees around the world work together for patients – they are at the center of everything we do. They inspire us. They are the reason we come to work each day.
We combine the agility of a biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
430 E. 29th St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert