Director, GOMA Scientific Engagement
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Basking Ridge, NJ
- Start date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Project Management, Science/R&D, Oncology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Director, Global Oncology Medical Affairs (GOMA) Scientific Engagement is responsible for the execution of activities in support of Global Medical Affairs Scientific Engagement strategies and plan for the assigned compound and therapeutic area (TA) under the guidance of the Head of Oncology Global Scientific Engagement, Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT)/TA Lead, and/or relevant heads of Global Medical Affairs Capabilities/Franchise. Oversee the management and execution of activities in support of Scientific Engagement strategies and plans for the respective compound and Solid Tumor therapeutic area (TA). This position is responsible for combining understanding of the medical landscape and insights from key external healthcare stakeholders to create comprehensive scientific engagement plans to support the overall business strategy. Leverage in depth medical knowledge to provide insights and support to the cross-functional Global Medical Affairs team including TA lead, medical content & training, patient advocacy, and publications, as well as other internal partners. Management of junior team member(s). Establish key strategic relationships and partnerships with the external healthcare community to enable flow of information from/to medical community. Responsible for Scientific Engagement strategies for the TA, in alignment with the GOMA TA strategy.
- Lead execution of Global Key External Experts (KEE) engagement strategy and operational plan. Management and updating of KEE mapping systems and consolidated engagement plans for global coordination of medical activities. Manage and oversee coordination of Global scientific engagements (KEE, patient advocacy, professional society, and other HCP stakeholders) at major congresses, in collaboration with Franchise heads, GMAT leads, regional and country medical leads, and other relevant internal cross-functional stakeholders. This includes alignment with Global Marketing, RD, and Oncology Business Unit stakeholders. Manage supplier activities and tracking of milestones for payments of activities related to these GOMA scientific engagement projects. Provide support and guidance to direct report(s) in execution of shared compound and TA-relevant tactics.
- Lead management of external medical education strategy, industry-sponsored symposia execution and support grants sponsorships for independent medical education in concordance with compliance standards. Completion and submission of related legal and compliance applications and associated follow up with requestors.
- Responsible for leading execution of global medical Advisory Boards and/or other input-seeking medical activities in alignment with GMAT/TA leads. Manage agency activities and tracking of milestones for payments of activities related to GMA input-seeking projects.
- Lead global coordination of medical insight collection and reporting. Manage consistent collection of medical insights from key global/regional/local medical activities in coordination with GMAT/TA leads and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders and collate for reporting to key stakeholders and to help inform the overall medical plan for respective TA.
- Support creation of standard operating procedures as it relates to Global Oncology Medical Affairs Scientific Engagement activities. Ensure all strategies, tactics, and activities are compliant with DS policies.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
An advanced doctorate degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO or equivalent) in medical/ scientific area is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in pharma or related field is required.
- Have a good knowledge of current clinical practice in Oncology or other relevant disease areas.
- Have strong knowledge in and understanding of scientific engagement activities (including advisory boards, symposia, etc.)
- Effectively engage external stakeholders across a broad range of audiences and activities.
- Strong planning, coordination, and organizational skills.
- Strong influencing skills; Leads without authority.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Provide medical expertise to ensure successful product launches across functions.
- Build strong internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders that maximize alignment and organizational effectiveness.
- Integrate medical expertise with commercial perspective.
- Expertly manage ambiguity and complex situations.
Ability to travel up to 20% Standard office physical demands, travel as necessary.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology.
With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
For more information, please visit: www.daiichisankyo.com.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, is a member of the Daiichi Sankyo Group. To learn more about Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., please visit www.dsi.com.
STOCK EXCHANGE: Tokyo Stock Exchange
STOCK SYMBOL: 4568
- (908) 992-6400
211 Mt. Airy Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert