Contract, Finance Business Analyst
- Maze Therapeutics
- South San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Biotech Bay
About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
We are seeking an exceptional Business Analyst to help optimize financial, contracting and regulatory operations in a rapidly growing biotechnology company. The successful candidate will be a key partner in our mission to discover new therapeutics for patients with unmet medical needs. You will support our existing and future corporate contract and financial systems, and our compliance with SOX and other regulatory requirements. Reporting to the Head of IT, you will partner with business leaders in Finance, Legal and other departments. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and execute a roadmap for maintaining Procure to Pay and Contract Lifecycle Management systems, and to prepare the company for future growth.
Your Impact Includes:
- Lead projects to implement and maintain corporate financial and contract systems (Coupa and NetSuite)
- Partner with Head of IT and Head of Finance to ensure appropriate financial system controls are in place and effective
- Work with internal and external auditing groups to ensure proper implementation of SOX controls
- Advise business leaders on appropriate technical approaches to solving business problems
- Generate and automate key reports for supported systems and services
- Manage user and role access and provisioning for supported systems
- Engage users and other stakeholders to improve user experience
- Work with vendors and contractors to implement updates and other system changes
- Develop or adopt effective training programs and documentation for the use of supported systems
- Support internal system end users with regular “office hours”
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, math, or similar field
- 5+ years’ experience in IT or finance, biopharma experience preferred
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles (formal accounting or FPA background a plus)
- Experience supporting a business environment compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning, Procure to Pay and Contract Lifecycle Management systems, Coupa and NetSuite experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams of scientists, IT staff and business leaders
- High level of customer service and willingness to train and support end users
- Strong leadership, project management and communication skills
Maze performs position-based compensation benchmarking to industry market data to ensure we pay competitive wages. Determination of compensation will depend upon a variety of job-related factors, which may include professional experience, skills and job location. The expected salary range for this role may be modified in the future.
Maze Therapeutics is translating novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines, through an approach that integrates human genetics and functional genomics. Advances in these areas have enabled us to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers in a range of severe diseases, which we aim to turn into medicines that mimic protective mutations.
What are genetic modifiers?
Despite an understanding of the genetic basis for many diseases, it remains a mystery why some people with a disease-causing mutation never get sick. This is often due to genes elsewhere in our DNA that affect the severity of disease and can provide a natural form of protection.
The Maze approach
Dramatic advances in human genetics and functional genomics now enable us to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers in a range of severe diseases. Today, we believe we can systematically identify genetic modifiers and turn these insights into medicines. We have assembled a world-class team to realize this vision, including creative scientific pioneers, experienced company builders and biotech industry leaders.
Join us in our pursuit to change lives by translating genetic insights into medicine - view our job postings with the link to the left.
171 Oyster Point Blvd, Suite 200
South San Francisco
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert