Senior Principal Research Scientist
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
The Senior Principal Research Scientist, Biologics DPD, is responsible for overseeing the successful advancement of pipeline compounds from Phase I through filing and launch as well as advancing biologics drug product research initiatives. This individual has multi-disciplinary scientific expertise, influences all aspects of science and strategy for multiple projects through a matrixed organization, and is an effective communicator to all levels of the organization. Responsibilities include building highly effective research teams that deliver on aggressive goals by defining clear objectives for each project, working with team members to design and execute the right experiments in the most efficient manner, critically analyzing extensive and complex data to make scientific decisions, and clearly communicating program status and updates.
· Responsible for direction and execution of the scientific strategy in alignment with cross-functional, cross-disciplinary goals and key scientific goals.
· Responsible for advancing the Biologics pipeline through various clinical development phases.
· Establish scientific standards for excellence by collaborating with multi- disciplinary functional leaders and experts to integrate standards into strategies and tactics associated with development of new or improved products or technology.
· Mentor and develop junior and mid-career scientists.
· Keep senior leaders and stakeholders informed by presenting scientific concepts and results for functional and non-scientific leaders and potential and existing partners. Maximize impact and value of expertise.
· Anticipate challenges and continually sets approaches to utilize newly proven technology. Proactively establishes scientific standards within AbbVie. Anticipates and prioritizes emerging scientific trends.
· Maintain an external reputation as multidiscipline expert and lead the industry as invited panelist to senior industry meetings or by authoring and reviewing high-impact articles for peer-reviewed, top-tier publications.
· Prepare all necessary documents and presentations that demonstrate progress of projects to a variety of audiences including functional heads and other senior leaders.
· Review and/or author/co-author internal reports/memos as well as Regulatory filings such as INDs, BLAs etc.
· PhD with 10+ years experience or MS with 16+ years experience/ BS with 18+ years experience
· Demonstrated multi-disciplinary scientific expertise and critical knowledge of all relevant disciplines to facilitate timely execution of project components, preferably a minimum of 10+ years experience as a late-stage team leader across multiple late-stage projects.
· Broad scientific experience across multiple projects spanning the range of Preformulation developability assessments, Biologics formulations, and Aseptic process development
· Recognized key scientific opinion leader with strong and active publication track record
· Drives divisional performance by designing and implementing innovative studies aimed at new or improved products and technologies
· Effective communication and problem-solving skills
· Extensive leadership experience and proven ability to inspire and motivate team members with or without direct reporting relationships
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert