- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- San Rafael, California
- Start date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Administration, Accounting, Finance
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
The Tax Analyst will primarily be responsible for assisting with ASC 740 tax accounting, tax compliance, and other operational tax issues that arise.
- Assist in calculating and documenting Federal taxable income for the quarterly and annual tax provisions.
- Assist in preparing income tax return workpapers, estimates, extensions, and periodic tax filings for sales and use tax, franchise taxes, property taxes, and other state specific filings, along with related payment requests.
- Other duties and ad-hoc finance projects as assigned.
Hybrid: This requires the worker to come in the office 1 day a weekSkills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Oracle Finance and/or Hyperion Financial Management experience a plus.
- ONESOURCE Tax Provision software proficiency a plus.
- Alteryx experience a plus.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate industry preferred.
- Experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- M.S. in Taxation Preferred.
- C.P.A. Preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BioMarin is a global biotechnology company dedicated to transforming lives through genetic discovery. In 1997, the company was founded to make a big difference in small patient populations, focusing on giving much-needed attention to the underserved communities of those with rare diseases. BioMarin sought to help patients whose voices could not always be heard and treat conditions that were not always in mainstream medical conversations. Throughout its history, BioMarin has worked tirelessly to make a difference by pursuing bold science. The company’s first approved therapy was inspired by a father who refused to accept there was no therapy for his son’s rare diagnosis. That relentless pursuit to change the course of his son’s future through the power of science is at the core of who BioMarin is today.
Through the company’s expertise in genetics and molecular biology, BioMarin has developed eight first or best-in-class targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions it seeks to treat, helping to better the lives of those struggling with rare genetic disease. The company’s purposeful and scientifically precise team of physicians and scientists has honed each treatment modality to seek transformative therapies.
Now, BioMarin seeks to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled the last 25 plus years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Each drug candidate pursued is guided by a fundamental understanding of the genetics and underlying biology of the condition it will address. The company believes that applying its knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The more innovative solutions developed, the more lives BioMarin can impact.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert