Business Applications Lead
- Southern Research
- Birmingham, AL
- Start date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Information Technology, Applications/Technical Support, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Business Applications Lead
The Business Applications Lead liaisons with customers and business partners to develop a positive client relationship with business applications and helps with application lifecycle and making sure business platforms are being utilized to the fullest extent. This role drives adoption and understanding of business applications, works to maintain ongoing customer relationships, implements success programs, onboards and trains staff, and maximizes technology adoption. The Business Applications Lead will provide insight on technology-to-business interactions, improve customer experience through product support, and handle complaints and requests. This role also assists with the overall administration and support for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, supports and manages projects pertaining to the ERP, and assists with administering ERP settings, security and integrations. The Business Applications Lead develops and conducts ERP training for team members in various environments, and works to continually delight clients and help drive a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assist customers as needed with setup and navigation of software or applications related to the business partner.
- Promote value of business applications, while developing tools and processes to help drive adoption and awareness.
- Promote and assist with communities of practice for enterprise business applications.
- Assists with the design, implementation, and sustainability of an enterprise ERP automation platforms including strategic systems development, integration, implementation and customization projects.
- Serves as a systems administrator for the ERP environment, including basic configurations, users and user roles.
- Develops and conducts ERP training for team members in various environments, including face-to face, phone and virtual training.
- Provides support to staff members in solving problems, including case management with the ERP solution help and support.
- Creates and maps new forms and/or events within ERP and other systems, ensuring the data connectors and feeds are configured appropriately. Coordinates and supports third party and proprietary app integrations with the ERP solution.
- Assists in identifying, developing, and deploying customized reports, dashboards and processes.
- Creates and maintains documentation on processes, policies, configuration and user guides.
- Leads analysis of specifications for new development requests from departments. Assists in defining required features and mapping ERP features to business processes.
- Analyze customer data to improve customer experience and drive engagement.
- Perform periodic client success reviews to ensure satisfaction.
- Perform other duties and assist other employees, as assigned.
- This position requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years experience in a technology customer-facing client or customer success field.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and phone communication skills, with the ability to adapt conversations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build credibility and trust by understanding and addressing customer requirements.
- Professional customer/client success certifications CCSM (Certified Customer Success Manager) or other similar credentials.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and DevOps frameworks.
- Experience with ERP platforms.
- Technical skills required, as they relate for the use of the product.
- Deep understanding of customers concerns and thoughts regarding the use of products, and the ability to troubleshoot as needed.
- Experience developing customized training to drive customer adoption with technology.
- This position is typically located in an office environment
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
- Professional customer/client success certifications CCSM (Certified Customer Manager) desired
MOVING SCIENCE. Our experts turn what couldn't be done into what we can't live without. By translating research into innovation, we act as catalysts that save lives and cultivate Birmingham's biotech scene. We are conduits between Science and Society. With precision, we transform ideas into discoveries. We see possibilities before they exist and activate scientific progress that is purposeful. We move science, because the promise of a brighter future moves us. We work with more than 150 industry and academic partners to drive scientific discoveries. From drug discovery to development, to carbon capture and environmental health sciences, every layer of our scientific and professional teams serve a fundamental role in moving science. We're making Birmingham the biotech hub of the southeast. Coming in 2024, our new biotech center will feature 60,000 sq. ft. of commercial wet labs, A/BSL-3 space and data science facilities. Our team will grow 125 scientific jobs and help shape the future of biotech in Alabama. We're investing in renovations of 40,000 sq. ft. of facilities including vivarium space and launching a new clinical diagnostics lab.
- (205) 581-2000
2000 9th Avenue South
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert