Technology & Business Support Application Lead
- Southern Research
- Birmingham, AL
- Start date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Technology & Business Application Support Lead
This is a hybrid role to provide technical user endpoint and business application support. Provides day-to-day technical support, configuration and troubleshooting, to all users' endpoint systems. Liaisons with customers and business partners to develop a positive client relationship with business applications. Evaluates hardware and software issues and recommends solutions, for all end point devices. Participates in development of information technology and infrastructure projects with all other areas of IT. Develops and reviews current processes and makes recommendations to management for improvements or new processes if needed. Helps with application lifecycle and making sure technology platforms are being utilized to the fullest extent. Drives adoption and understanding of business applications. Works to maintain ongoing customer relationships, implements success programs, onboards and trains staff, and maximizes technology adoption. Provide insights on technology-to-business interactions, improve customer experience through product support, and handle complaints and requests. Works to continually delight clients and help drive a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assist customers as needed with setup and navigation of software or applications related to the business partner.
- Promote value of technology applications, while developing tools and processes to help drive adoption and awareness.
- Assist in creating training and/or educational materials for individuals and business units.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of technology products and services, assist customers with questions and suggest the best products for their needs.
- Promote and assist with communities of practice for business applications.
- Onboard new employees to help drive initial value with technology platforms.
- Hold product demonstrations.
- Evaluate and improve tutorials and other communication related to technology.
- Perform other duties and assist other employees, as assigned.
- This position requires US Citizenship.
- 5+ years of experience providing service delivery oversight and client engagement in IT services.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
- Ability to adapt conversations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build credibility and trust by understanding and addressing customer requirements.
- Proven client service and problem-solving skills, working directly with clients.
- Exceptional client facing skills and can provide outstanding service and support.
- Well versed in stakeholder management skills with an ability to assist in drafting the right recommendation for the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Marketing or related field.
- Professional customer/client success certifications CCSM (Certified Customer Success Manager) or other similar credentials.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and DevOps frameworks.
- Experience with ERP platforms.
- Technical skills required, as they relate for the use of the product.
- Deep understanding of customers concerns and thoughts regarding the use of products, and the ability to troubleshoot as needed.
- Experience developing customized training to drive customer adoption with technology.
- This position is typically located in an office environment
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
- Professional customer/client success certifications CCSM (Certified Customer Manager) desired
MOVING SCIENCE. Our experts turn what couldn't be done into what we can't live without. By translating research into innovation, we act as catalysts that save lives and cultivate Birmingham's biotech scene. We are conduits between Science and Society. With precision, we transform ideas into discoveries. We see possibilities before they exist and activate scientific progress that is purposeful. We move science, because the promise of a brighter future moves us. We work with more than 150 industry and academic partners to drive scientific discoveries. From drug discovery to development, to carbon capture and environmental health sciences, every layer of our scientific and professional teams serve a fundamental role in moving science. We're making Birmingham the biotech hub of the southeast. Coming in 2024, our new biotech center will feature 60,000 sq. ft. of commercial wet labs, A/BSL-3 space and data science facilities. Our team will grow 125 scientific jobs and help shape the future of biotech in Alabama. We're investing in renovations of 40,000 sq. ft. of facilities including vivarium space and launching a new clinical diagnostics lab.
- (205) 581-2000
2000 9th Avenue South
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert