Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Planning
- Neogene Therapeutics
- Santa Monica, CA
- Start date
- Mar 27, 2023
- Administration, Information Technology, Manufacturing & Production, General
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
Neogene is seeking a highly experienced and professional Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Planning who will be responsible for raw materials and production planning and scheduling at Neogene’s Santa Monica and Netherlands sites. A highly cross-functional role, this position will work with Process Development, Quality, Manufacturing, Research, Supply Chain, and reports to the Head of Supply Chain. This role is based in Santa Monica, CA and will report to the Exec Director of Supply Chain.
- Manage raw materials inventory and supply plan to ensure availability for TCR selection and Final Product production requirements in the Netherlands and Santa Monica sites.
- Develop and manage raw materials forecasts to share with key suppliers.
- Manage inventory and forecasts of critical gene editing materials and support forecast discussions with CMOs. Monitor critical outsourced manufacturing and lead planning of CMO production dates.
- Develop and evolve materials inventory and planning tools, processes, and systems that enable phase appropriate execution.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Production Planning and Scheduling:
- Create and maintain the scheduling process for TCR Selection and Final Product manufacturing based on enrollment schedule, site capacity, and unit operation requirements.
- Manage clinical enrollment assumptions with Clinical Operations, consolidate demand plans, and align with Tech Ops capacity and scheduling assumptions.
- Lead/ support phase appropriate product traceability and cell orchestration process and system capabilities.
- Implement demand and supply planning / S&OP processes in a phase appropriate manner.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- 6+ years with MS/MA or MBA, 8+ years with BS/BA OR 19+ years with a High School diploma.
- Direct experience and working knowledge in demand/ supply planning, S&OP, site scheduling, warehouse, and/or materials planning/procurement.
- Direct experience and working knowledge in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, cell therapy preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or service laboratory environment.
- Cell therapy experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communicator across organizational levels and functions in this collaborative work environment.
- Develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly fluid company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Analytical, with advanced Excel skills.
- ERP and Planning System experience.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Knowledgeable with cGxP as well as regulatory regulations and compliance requirements for cell therapy and pharmaceutical industry.
- Able to express ideas and present information effectively to leadership, within team functions, and with external partners
- Ability to think critically with demonstrated troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered expert in own area the organization.
- Exercises some latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Accomplishes results through lower-level subordinate supervisors/leads or through experienced exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance.
- Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units.
- Recommends modifications to operating policies.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech company. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed growth-stage biotechnology company.
At Neogene we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Neogene is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $145,000 to $195,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
Neogene Therapeutics is a global, preclinical stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of next generation, fully individualized engineered T cell therapies for a broad spectrum of cancers.
Our proprietary neoantigen T cell receptor (TCR) discovery and T cell engineering platform identifies TCR genes with specificity for neoantigens – found exclusively on cancer cells as a result of cancer-associated DNA mutations.
Cancer is a genetically individual disease – no two tumors are exactly the same. These variations create neoantigens – unique targets for every tumor. Neogene’s novel approach delivers a tailored T cell therapy containing a unique set of specific TCR genes for each individual patient. Engineered into patient-derived T cells, these TCRs are directed toward neoantigens in tumor cells, with the goal of eliciting strong and durable responses in a variety of solid tumor indications.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech start-up. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
2225 Colorado Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert