Senior Software Test Engineer II, Analysis Pipeline (Remote)
- South San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 27, 2023
- Information Technology, Software Development, Quality, Science/R&D, Computational Science
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
This role is open to remote within the US or onsite at our headquarters in South San Francisco.
Why join Freenome?
We are seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer for our Software Analysis Pipeline team to develop comprehensive test plans and team-level strategies to effectively deliver high quality test automation. Working with the product and engineering teams, you will develop innovative and effective test workflows, systems and procedures for measuring and improving overall software quality.
The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert who is comfortable leading the quality process and providing guidance to team members on best practices and standards for software testing in a fast-paced, Agile environment. You are passionate about designing and implementing new processes and tools, and you will have a significant impact on the continued growth of a high profile technology organization that is changing the landscape on early cancer detection.
About the team: Our Analysis Pipeline team within the Engineering organization designs, builds and maintains automated computational pipelines to process a significant amount of data that comes from our lab and instrumentation. This is an interdisciplinary team of engineers and scientists building end-to-end solutions for both production and R&D needs.
The role reports to our software engineering management team.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate team-scale software testing efforts to ensure Freenome’s software is of the highest quality
- Review and improve test plans for all facets of team’s software
- Establish and advocate for effective team-scale test strategy aligned with other Freenome test efforts
- Transform gaps in software testing into sprint tickets and coordinate their completion
- Act as a force-multiplier by writing high-quality automated tests using existing and in-use test automation tools
- Lead by example in delivery of test automation, mentoring junior test engineers to ensure comprehensive coverage
- Performs code review process for test cases, providing feedback to peers
- Drive functional, regression, integration, and end-to-end testing
- Partner with the Product team to ensure that features are ready for release to prod
- Collaborate closely with Test framework and tooling for features and enhancements for test engineering for the entire organization.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, and/or work experience
- 8+ years of experience in software testing and quality
- Experience creating software quality processes, strategies, and metrics in an Agile environment
- Expertise in backend testing (REST APIs and microservices testing)
- Expertise in writing test automation using tools such as Pytest
- Proven experience proposing and executing successful test automation initiatives
- Experience leading and mentoring engineers in creating an effective and sustainable testing culture
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience in testing cloud native distributed applications using container management tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar
- Experience working with Verification & Validation (V&V) for applications in high governance industries subject to HIPAA, CAP, CLIA, SOC2, etc.
- Experience leading large testing teams and managing projects
- Domain-specific experience in computational biology, genomics or a related field
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $157,250 - $240,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits dependent on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Freenome is a high growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease.
To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital, GV, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Novartis, Verily, and more.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
- (650) 446-6630
279 East Grand Avenue
South San Francisco
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert