Manager, Global Oncology Medical Affairs - Scientific Engagement
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Basking Ridge, NJ
- Start date
- Mar 27, 2023
- Clinical, Medical Affairs, Science/R&D, Oncology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Manager, Global Oncology Medical Affairs (GOMA) Scientific Engagement (SE) is responsible for the execution of activities in support of Global Medical Affairs Scientific Engagement strategies and plan for assigned compound(s) and therapeutic areas (TA), under the guidance of the Associate Director, GOMA Scientific Engagement.
Contribute to the management and execution of activities in support of Scientific Engagement strategies and plans for the respective compound and Solid Tumor therapeutic area (TA). This position is responsible for combining understanding of the medical landscape and insights from key external healthcare stakeholders to assist in the creation of comprehensive scientific engagement plans to support the overall business strategy. Leverage in depth medical knowledge to provide insights and support to the cross-functional GOMA team including TA lead, medical information & education, patient advocacy, and publications, as well as other internal partners. Establish key strategic relationships and partnerships with the external healthcare community to enable flow of information from/to medical community. Assists Associate Director, GOMA SE in developing Scientific Engagement strategies for the TA, in alignment with the GOMA TA strategy.
- Assist in the execution of Global Key External Experts (KEE) engagement strategy and operational plan. Management and updating of KEE mapping and engagement plans, and related systems used for global coordination of medical activities.
Support coordination of Global scientific engagements (KEE, patient advocacy, professional society, and other HCP stakeholders) at major congresses, in collaboration with GMAT/TA leads, regional and country medical leads, and other relevant internal cross-functional stakeholders. This includes alignment with Global Marketing, R&D, and other relevant stakeholders.
Support management of Vendor activities related to these GMA scientific engagement projects.
- Contribute towards the execution of global medical Advisory Boards and/or other input-seeking medical activities in alignment with GOMA SE and GMAT/TA leads.
Support management of Vendor activities related to GMA input-seeking projects.
- Manage consistent collection of medical insights from key global/regional/local medical activities for assigned TA in coordination with GOMA SE lead and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders, and collate for reporting to key stakeholders to help inform the overall medical plan for the respective TA.
- Management of activities supported by grants & sponsorships, such as external medical education (CME, standalone or industry-sponsored symposia). Completion and submission of related legal and compliance applications and associated follow up with requestors.
- Ensure all strategies, tactics, and activities are compliant with DS policies.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- PhD or PharmD preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in pharma at local, regional and/or global level or equivalent preferred
- Good knowledge of current clinical practice in Oncology preferred preferred
- Knowledge in and understanding of scientific engagement activities (including advisory boards, symposia, etc.) preferred preferred
- Effectively engage external stakeholders across a broad range of audiences and activities preferred
- Strong planning, coordination and organizational skills preferred
- Strong influencing skills; Leads without authority preferred
- Excellent project management skills preferred
- Provide medical expertise to ensure successful product launches across functions preferred
- Build strong internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders that maximize alignment and organizational effectiveness preferred
- Expertly manage ambiguity and complex situations preferred
Ability to travel up to 10%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology.
With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
For more information, please visit: www.daiichisankyo.com.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, is a member of the Daiichi Sankyo Group. To learn more about Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., please visit www.dsi.com.
STOCK EXCHANGE: Tokyo Stock Exchange
STOCK SYMBOL: 4568
- (908) 992-6400
211 Mt. Airy Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert