Director/Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs, Immunology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 27, 2023
- Regulatory, Regulatory Affairs, Science/R&D, Immunology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
About the role:
Director/Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director/Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director/Senior Director, Global Regulatory Affairs working on the Global Regulatory Affairs team, you will be empowered to develop and lead global strategies to maximize global regulatory success towards achievement of program objectives for complex and/or multiple projects, and a typical day will include:
- Defines, develops and leads global strategies to maximize global regulatory success towards achievement of program objectives for complex and/or multiple projects.
- Provides strategic and tactical advice to teams to achieve timely and efficient development and maintenance of programs, while ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Is a leader within Takeda and external to Takeda, contributing to cross-functional initiatives and influencing the field as applicable.
- Provides leadership and development for direct reports, including those that serve as global regulatory leads responsible for the design and execution of global regulatory strategies in collaboration with their regional counterparts.
- The Director/Sr. Director will be responsible for overseeing an assigned portfolio of projects or highly complex projects. Leads the Global Regulatory Team (GRT) and applicable sub-working groups, such as the Label Working Group, and represents GRT at project team meetings. Defines strategies and provides tactical guidance to teams and collaborates cross-functionally to ensure the global regulatory strategy is updated and executed, ensuring global regulatory compliance and/or oversees direct reports or junior staff responsible.
- Ensures project team colleagues, line management, and key stakeholders are apprised of developments that may impact regulatory success, exercising sound judgement and communicating in a professional and timely manner. Demonstrates ability to anticipate risks and responsible for developing solutions to identified risks and discussing with team and management; understands probabilities of technical success for the solutions.
- Accountable for all US FDA submissions and approvals of project(s) of responsibility or oversees direct reports responsible. The Director/Sr. Director will lead all submission types.
- Direct point of contact with health authorities, leads and manages FDA/health authority interactions/meetings. Oversees direct reports as needed.
- Accountable for working with regulatory regional leads, other functions and vendors to ensure global regulatory submissions are provided to local Takeda affiliates in compliance with local regulations and to maintain compliance for products.
- Oversee vendor responsibility for regulatory activities and submissions related to projects within scope.
- Participates with influence in or leads departmental and cross-functional task-forces and initiatives. Influence non-direct reports within Therapeutic Area, across GRA and across R&D.
- Lead regulatory reviewer in due diligence for licensing opportunities.
- Partner with global market access colleagues to Lead interactions with joint regulatory/health agency/HTA bodies on product specific value evidence topics, as applicable.
- BSc Degree, preferred. BA accepted.
- A minimum of 8 years of pharmaceutical industry experience. This is inclusive of 6 years of regulatory experience or combination of 8 years regulatory and/or related experience.
- Preferred experience in reviewing, authoring, or managing components of regulatory submissions.
- Solid working knowledge of drug development process and regulatory requirements. Knowledge of FDA, EU, Canada, ROW and post-marketing a plus.
- Understand and interpret complex scientific issues across multiple projects as it related to regulatory requirements and strategy.
- Understands and interprets scientific data as it relates to regulatory requirements and strategy for assigned projects and provides knowledge and expertise to guide team in established and building appropriate regulatory strategy.
- Strong oral and written communications, managing and adhering to timelines, negotiation skills, integrity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates acceptable skills with increasing independence in the area of regulatory strategy such as understanding broad concepts within regulatory affairs and implications across the organization and globally; proactively identifies regulatory issues; offers creative solutions and strategies, including risk mitigation strategies.
- Must work well with others and within global teams.
- Able to bring working teams together for common objectives.
- Acceptable and independent skills in the area of regulatory strategy such as understanding broad concepts within regulatory affairs and implications across the organization and globally; proactively identifies regulatory issues; offers creative solutions and strategies, including risk mitigation strategies.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
- The role can be hybrid or at our Cambridge, MA office
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsCambridge, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert