Manufacturing Technician I Plasma Sorting Operations
- Van Nuys, California
- Start date
- Mar 26, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Manufacturing/Mechanical, Operations
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
You will report to Swing (2) shift. This shift schedule is Monday-Friday from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.About the role:
The position is responsible for the receiving, sorting, and storage of human blood plasma in preparation of plasma production runs in the Teardown department. You will perform basic troubleshooting tasks for the Automated Plasma Dispositioning System (APDS) Sorting Line. Under the direction of a Supervisor or Lead Operator, you will complete all processes in production, while strictly following cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and other related regulations that could apply. You will participate in both departmental projects and any quality working teams when applicable. You will keep an updated record of training. Due to business need, employees may work overtime and support operations on an alternate shift. You will report to the Manager of Plasma Sorting Operations.How you will contribute:
- Support all local manufacturing activities in Plasma Sorting Operations
- Clean production area per cGMP
- Participate on Continuous Improvement teams
- Perform plasma loading, carton opening, carton disposal, and MES functions to support APDS sorting line operations based on Teardown plasma schedule
- Perform cycle counts, bin diving, inventory count, and pallet spot check
- Segregate plasma units to be processed with an 'On Hold' or 'Quarantine' status
- Follow basic safety rules, SOPs, cGMP, work rules and company policies
- Complete and verify documentation following GDP
- Operate PIT equipment, including forklift and pallet jack
- Perform truck receiving transactions in APDS
- May require weekend and holiday work.
- Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area
- Must have basic computer skills
- High school diploma or GED. Some related work experience preferred
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, your work will be a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Will work with warehouse and manufacturing areas at +5°C and -20°C or colder
- Will work with human blood plasma.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body, as required.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Location and Salary Information: This post excludes CO applicants
Base Salary Range: $32,240,600 to $38,000. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsUSA - CA - Van NuysWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert