Supplier ESG Accounting Lead
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 26, 2023
- Administration, Accounting, Manufacturing & Production
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
This role leads the development and standardization of Supplier Environmental Social & Governance systems and works closely with the Supplier Sustainability Lead, Scope 3 Strategy Lead, Supplier Diversity Lead, Ethical Sourcing & Supplier Risk Management Leads and the EHS Planet team to enable Takeda to achieve our Scope 3 reduction ambitions (Net Zero before 2040), Supplier Diversity commitments (Government, external and internal reporting, KPI reporting, tier 2 reporting; as well as improved reporting processes) and Ethical Sourcing & Supplier Risk Management expectations.
Recognized as a subject matter expert in Supplier ESG accounting methods, procurement systems, processes. Familiarity with the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Develop data and digital strategy and road map for Supplier ESG accounting program, build and implement database and dash bords for the Supplier ESG program, this includes;
- Internal measurement, tracking, reporting and target setting
- Quantitative work to inform strategy and enable execution of key initiatives
- Maintain relationships with relevant external market research and investment firms to keep pace with external environment
- Collaborate with data scientists, analytics and research work on adjacent/external teams like EHS, WBCSD, TBS, supplier.io, Proximo, CDP and regional sustainability teams to understand challenges and opportunities and help tell Takeda’s sustainability story externally with data
- Identify necessary procurement systems to enable Scope 3 Activity-based reporting
- Procurement systems to enable global Supplier Diversity data and reporting
- ES&SRM reporting and disclosures
- Working closely across Global Real Estate Facilities, EHS Planet team, Digital, Data & Technology (DD&T) and other functional sustainability teams to deliver on data and accounting needs that drive Takeda’s sustainability agenda.
Strategic Planning & Management
- Implement solutions that enable reporting that allows teams to execute against actionable information
- Define Supplier ESG accounting strategies, policies, processes, systems, and tools to help Takeda meet its Net Zero aspiration, Supplier Diversity commitments and Ethical Sourcing strategies
- Responsible for developing the roadmap, implementing the strategy and maintaining and managing the data, database, dashboard and ensuring Sr. Executives and decision makers have the necessary data and analytical tools to embed sustainability into their strategies
- Integrate Scope 3 emissions factors into existing and new Takeda enterprise strategies, monitor emissions factor of strategic decisions/ supplier selection to identify Scope 3 reduction opportunities and ensure reliability of Scope 3 reduction data
- Enable systems and DD&T solutions to support Supplier Diversity data and reporting and processes
- Develop metadata and appropriate data analysis documentation including methodologies
- Support continuous improvement initiatives of Supplier ESG accounting and systems impacting programs to improve data quality .
- Provide strategic thinking around data & digital tools to support of Supplier ESG initiatives.
Internal Engagement & Leadership
- Supports the Procurement organization in strategic planning and progress against goals
- Collaborates with Supplier Sustainability Lead, Supplier Diversity Lead, Ethical Sourcing & Supplier Risk Management Leads, EHS and Regional functions on the development and scaling dashboard and reporting of Supplier ESG performance against targets and disclosures
- Engages with key industry groups to leverage and position Takeda as a leader and an agent of change.
- Identifies industry best-practices and emerging issues through industry engagement.
- Participate in and organize events that bring innovative solutions towards carbon accounting
- Create a culture of compliance internally and externally where everyone Lives Our Values Every Day (LOVED) and abides by Takeda’s Global Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Must have knowledge of Procurement Systems and sourcing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Advanced degree, such as MBA preferred
- 12+ years of previous experience in Global Sourcing, Supply Chain or Supplier Diversity
- Experience working in a complex global environment, understands international business practices, customs and markets.
- Exceptionally skilled at stakeholder management.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsCambridge, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert