Manager, External Manufacturing- Devices
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manager, External Manufacturing (Devices)
The primary focus of this role is to lead the outsourcing of device development and manufacturing at external device partners, through close collaboration with internal stakeholders within the Device Development and Primary Packaging Engineering (DDCPE) group here at Gilead. This role may also include the management of clinical drug product manufacturing (parenterals, oral solid dosage) at contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
- Serve as business lead and point of contact at external device partners and CMOs
- Effectively negotiate Confidentiality Agreements, Master Services Agreements and Work Orders
- Prepare, review and negotiate request for proposals
- Enter purchase requisitions to Gilead accounting system (Oracle)
- Ensure accurate and on-time payments to Gilead partners
- Lead and/or participate in Operational Excellence projects
- Monitor and verify implementation of Gilead's controlled documents at CMOs
- Develop budgets and accurately report accruals to Finance
- Lead and/or support business reviews with CMOs or external partners
- Lead teams solving complex problems
- Effectively communicate issues to management and project teams
- Organize and participate in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with CMOs; work closely with Gilead teams to manage CMO deliverables
- Maintain outsourced project timelines and evaluate progress against established dates
- Lead Business Reviews with CMOs.
- Evaluate and onboard CMOs including site visits, contract negotiating, initiating GMP audits, applicable Work Orders and Purchase Orders
- Maintain oversight of financials and project deliverables associated with outsourced development activities
- Proactively communicate issues, project changes to key stakeholders and facilitates timely discussion and resolution
- Maintains and updates documentation and timelines to accurately reflect the status of the outsourced activities
- Manage outsourcing staff including training, coaching and conducting performance evaluations
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
- 7 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech organization or relevant manufacturing environment and a BA or BS degree; OR MA/MBA degree with 5 years of experience.
- Prior experience with device development and/or combination productions is preferred
- Strong computer skills and experience with an ERP system and project management software
- Strong understanding of activities related to the CMC development
- Knowledge of GMPs and associated regulations (21CFR parts 11, 210, 211, 820)
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Strong people management skills
- Strong negotiation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple programs/projects; sound organizational and time management skills is essential
- Ability to work under uncertainty and to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to solve complex problems through ingenuity and collaboration with subject matter experts and other key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Project management experience and/or certification are a plus
- This position may require up to 20% domestic and international travel
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/GileadAbout Gilead:
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.