Sales Development Representative, US
- DNA Script
- South San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 26, 2023
- Sales & Service, Account Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
The Sales Development Representative manages the customer sales process for products, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Includes generating qualified sales leads, qualifying new opportunities, guiding customers to products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal team to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, and collaborating with the field sales team on closing the sales.
- Demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions.
- Independently establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers.
- Helps specific sales team to meet sales targets by maintaining lead, opportunity, and customer information in the CRM database.
- Activities include developing territory specific outbound campaigns, qualifying assigned leads, g, coordinating with internal team to identify new customers, and providing budgetary pricing in coordination with TAM.
- Makes outbound contact to prospective customers to identify sales opportunities.
- Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity.
- Has the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios.
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities.
- Understands how to maximize use of prospecting tools and can lead team in identifying new tools to improve performance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory in one of the following fields (qPCR, NGS, genetic testing, synthetic biology), with or without prior sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to articulate well and think quick on your fee
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of Molecular biology techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and CRM database required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Start-up mind-set.
- Competent in existing lead generation tools.
- Experienced in prospecting/selling into Biotech/Pharma/CRO accounts
- Challenger Sales Training
- 1+ year in inside sales or sales development role at existing life science equipment company.
- Job located in South San Francisco, California, preferred but Remote work possible.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- The salary range for this US-CA position is $50,000 --- $85,000 + Commission. Please note that this is the forecasted salary range and individual compensation varies based on multiple factors to include: qualifications, years of experience, the scope of job-related responsibilities, and the working location. If your expectations are outside of this range, we still encourage you to apply and provide us with your expectations to consider a move.
- Health, Dental, Vision. Company pays 95% of premiums for employees and dependents. We have lots of plans available including HMOs, PPOs, HDHPs, etc.
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Other employee-funded plans including pre-tax commuter, HSA, and FSA
- Mental health support with Sesh
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Initial screening with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office (or remote) with the manager, cofounders, HR and the rest of the team
- Reference Checks
- Timing: 2-3 weeks
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using a proprietary enzymatic technology. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage. DNA Script’s first product will be a DNA printer. On course to hit the shelves in 2021, this benchtop instrument will enable researchers to target and program specific areas of the genome.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $100M of financing, mostly through leading investors such Casdin, Agilent, Danaher, LSP, Bpifrance, Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, Idinvest.
DNA Script has its research facility headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
We’re science-driven thinkers, makers, dreamers and do-ers. Our goal is to develop technology to accelerate advances in life sciences and health.
DNA Script is now moving to a new stage of development, i.e. commercialization. That’s why we are looking for new talents in different fields: R&D, manufacturing and supply chain, sales and marketing, industrial and IT engineering, etc.
If you are passionate about life sciences and their projects, curious, motivated, proactive and want to invest in a company with an innovative project, do not hesitate to send us your application!
Join DNA Script means :
- Participate and bring to life a project that makes sense and will have a real impact on future generations
- Be part of a strong scientific and technical environment: a technology that pushes the limits of what is today possible in the world of DNA synthesis. Collaborations with MIT, Harvard etc.
- A scalable position: you will benefit from training, work on transversal projects, etc.
- Discover different cultures because at DNA Script we come from all over the world.
- Friday breakfast, afterworks and teambuildings frequently
- A management with values Excellence, transparency and kindness, where the well-being is not just a promise!
French office: 67 avenue de Fontainebleau, 94 270 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre
US Headquarters: 650 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA
650 Gateway Boulevard,
South San Francisco
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert