Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
- San Diego, CA
- Start date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is a premier life science technology company that isdesigning, developing, and manufacturing advanced sequencing solutions to enable the promise of genomics to better human health.
The Computational Biology team supports the company mission by developing easy-to-use informatics solutions that deliver the best clinical and research genomes, transcriptomes and methylomes. Our team works closely with customers and the scientific community to continually identify and solve the most impactful genomics problems. Through collaborations, conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications, we represent the externally visible scientific face of PacBio.
We are seeking a computational biologist who has passion for making ideas a reality by exploring the unknown, implementing proven and novel techniques to solve hard problems, and working collaboratively with internal and external scientists.
- Design and implementation of algorithms for analysis of long-read sequencing data.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with experts within PacBio to develop new bioinformatics algorithms and improve existing ones.
- Perform statistical and data analyses to identify and quantify error modes in different data.
- Clearly and effectively communicate findings and improvements across the organization.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Normally requires a PhD in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 2-5 years related experience or equivalent.
- A Ph.D. or M.S. in a computational field or equivalent years of related work experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience analyzing DNA/RNA sequencing data, or proteomics data.
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel algorithms and write scientific software.
- A published author in a peer reviewed journal.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Rust, or C++.
- Experience writing software collaboratively using version control.
- Willingness to disseminate work at scientific conferences, in person.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Preferred experience with signal processing.
Salary Range:$124,500.00 - $168,500.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
1305 O'Brien Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert