- Just - Evotec Biologics
- Redmond, WA
- Start date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Quality, Quality Control, Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Just is seeking a highly motivated Scientist who desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. We are looking for a motivated scientist to join a fast paced, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team. This individual will join the Quality Control group to provide in-process and drug substance sample testing in support of the GMP operations, laboratory staff training, GMP document authoring / revision and oversee initiatives to build infrastructure and processes for the new Commercial manufacturing facility in Redmond, WA. As a member of the QC team, the successful candidate will have GMP laboratory experience assessing biotherapeutics with UPLC and CE based test methods. Additional experience with method validation and ELISA based impurity or potency assays is a plus. The ideal candidate has a high attention to detail, is organized in their work, has strong written and verbal communication skills and works well independently and in teams.
- Perform QC analytical testing in support of the GMP manufacturing schedule and drug substance release by UPLC, CE and / or ELISA based methods
- Train laboratory staff in UPLC and CE based analytical methods, including method validation
- Compendial method qualification
- Write and revise Quality Control Methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Materials Specifications, Drug Product Specifications and Drug Product Stability Protocols
- Work with team members to support the GMP QC Laboratory operations and build the infrastructure for the Commercial QC laboratory
- Partner with PD and external clients for the transfer and validation of analytical methods
- BS in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field and 5 – 8 years of experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a cGMP QC laboratory or similar environment
- Proficient with Waters Empower, Sciex 32 Karat and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Waters HPLC, UPLC and Beckman PA800 CE systems
- Knowledge of GDPs, GMPs and DS / DP compendial assays (USP, EP, JP)
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Technical writing including analytical methods, technical summary reports and Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience with a quality management system (QMS)
- Method validation experience
- Experience with ELISA based impurity or potency methods
The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $75,000 to $105,000; Base salary offered may vary depending on individual’s skills, experience and competitive market value. Additional total rewards include discretionary annual bonus, comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, short-term and long-term disability, company paid basic life insurance, 401k company match, flexible work, generous paid time off and paid holiday, wellness and transportation benefits.
Evotec (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Just - Evotec Biologics, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Our focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Learn more at www.just.bio.
401 Terry Avenue North
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert