#Associate Director, Consumer Eye Care Project Management
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Project Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Want to join an award-winning team? We OFFER that.
Ready to make a Worldwide impact? We OFFER that too.
Want to have a thriving career? We OFFER that.
Ready to drive innovation? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting an Associate Director, Consumer Eye Care Project Management to join our diverse Supply Chain & Materials Management team in North Chicago, IL.
So, let’s tell you a little more about this role:
Our Consumer Eye Care franchise and its leading Brands, Refresh/Optive, have ambitious growth targets across the Long Range Plan (LRP) horizon. A key enabler will be channel development in the US Retailer market, both in Brick and Mortar as well as the ever growing e-commerce channels.
We require an experienced professional Project Manager, to manage key Projects and Programs that support Consumer EyeCare Brands delivering ~$300Million in Top Line Revenue. This will be achieved through driving specific project initiatives enabling channel development with key strategic Retail Partners, improving access to our products for our patients and customers.
- Work autonomously to provide leadership to drive multiple and/or complex operations Brand /Program(s) including new innovations, on market renovations and projects requiring new capital or processes.
- Execute Governance process whereby regular project updates are provided for both innovation and on-market projects through stage-gate reviews to Ops and Commercial Leadership and stakeholders.
- Prepares project plans, schedules, and action tracker using project management tools and by working with appropriate internal & external team members to understand tasks necessary to complete projects
- Identify resource requirements, activities, and timelines for Project Initiatives and ensure prioritization of projects within portfolio.
- Coordinate and support cost build-up, material readiness, Capital Request (if necessary) and scale-up efforts.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans. More specifically;
- Lead cost improvement efforts to increase productivity of the OTC business.
- Participate/provide support to manufacturing facilities and other Supply Chain functions
- Provide process improvement/simplification efforts – examples including Active SKU rationalization, packaging, item setup and component/specification consolidation
- Lead strategic projects – i.e. material supply, asset optimization; sourcing; third-party manufacturing assessments
- Benchmark competition and in the OTC Pharma market for new technology and productivity strategies
- Ensure alignment across all relevant Operations and Commercial teams as to milestones, timelines, and funded/committed resource allocations.
- Identify project risks and roadblocks and work with the cross-functional team to devise and execute mitigation solutions.
Education, Technical Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Engineering, or Science plus business and product management in Life Science.
- 8-12 years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Management, Product Development, and / or Financial Management.
- Project Management Certification highly preferred
- Proven leadership ability with excellent communication skills including listening, verbal presentation and written.
- Strong strategy development and planning skills
- Strong issue identification and problem analysis and solution development skills.
- Demonstrated team player and ability to work in a globally oriented work environment.
- Proficiency with common program/project management communication software tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborative team player.
- Proven capability to manage, implement and influence large change management programs.
- Understanding of core business and financial processes.
- Proven ability to interface effectively in a diverse cultural setting and with executive level management.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert