The Contract Coordinator, Clinical Services, works with business partners to draft, negotiate and implement agreements that maximize value and support R&D activities on time and in budget. This position ensures compliance with all relevant Abbvie policies, procedures and objectives and is the primary owner of their assigned engagements with ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high quality and added value.
- Economically and efficiently partner with AbbVie R&D to execute a variety of agreements in compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Responsible for working with cross functional teams including Legal to draft, negotiate and execute a variety of R&D less complex agreements such as PSAs, SOW's, and IPA's, Services Agreements, and Lab Services that maximize value and support R&D business needs and activities on time.
- Understand cost drivers associated with contract types and drive negotiations that ensure the best value for quality, pricing, and service. Manage effective interactions with external suppliers/partners.
- Responsible for appropriate utilization of templates and budgeting tools/systems where applicable.
- Maintain necessary documentation for all contract types as required by AbbVie policies and procedures to ensure contract compliance.
- Responsible for communication of status of negotiations with key internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner. Also responsible for the timely communication of contract issues to stakeholders that could impact project timelines. Work closely with TA/FA's, Legal, Office of Ethics and Compliance, and suppliers to resolve contract issues.
- Participates in ongoing process improvement initiatives when appropriate.
- Promote AbbVie as the partner of choice in all external communications and dealings to build the AbbVie brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Science degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years or more of related industry experience, pharmaceutical experience is highly preferred
- Paralegal certification or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability in negotiation skills, project management skills and effective communication and relationship management abilities.
- Must have attention to detail along with an understanding of the quality/compliance environment.
- Customer support focused expertise is highly desirable.
- The ability to manage internal and external relationships is a key success factor for this position.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.