Device Assembly & Packaging Automation Engineer - Projects and Cybersecurity
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Engineering, Automation Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
The Indy Device Assembly & Packaging (IDAP) Automation Project and Cybersecurity Engineer is an Automation Engineering role supporting the IDAP site working closely and collaboratively with manufacturing process teams, MQ-IDS, and Site Quality. The position requires a high level of learning agility and experience in one or more process automation systems with a strong focus on data, systems integration, Commissioning and Qualification (C&Q) methods, system architecture, and supporting automation platforms
- Work safely and continually look for improvements to both people and equipment safety.
- Evaluate new technology that can be used to replace or paired with current automated systems to ensure traceability of data (examples of current systems include Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider, B&R, Systech, and Cognex)
- Evaluate impact of cybersecurity initiatives and patching on automated systems (ex. DCOM)
- Develop creative solutions for automated manufacturing systems to be implemented across multiple manufacturing lines.
- Coordinate effectively across multiple functions to implement automated solutions.
- Manage a project schedule to ensure delivery on time and minimal production impact.
- Lead and/or assist with remediation activities including potential Qualification / Validation activities to address identified process and equipment gaps
- Work globally with other Lilly manufacturing sites to share best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Computer Science, or related Science / Information Technology Field
- 2 years of experience in automation
- 2+ years experience in process automation engineering or information technology, preferably supporting a manufacturing site.
- 2+ Years of experience in one or more process automation platforms demonstrated with work experience and/or training (Rockwell / Siemens / B&R).
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Experience in pharma or GMP industry
- Experience in commissioning and qualification
- Experience working with validated systems
- Expertise in Lilly’s preferred platforms, including Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Knowledge in Historians, and IT platforms such as servers, and workstations.
- Experience with evaluating and implementing automation solutions in a manufacturing environment
- Strong technical writing skills
- 8 hour days, after-hour support.
- Occasional travel may be required for training, conferences, capital projects, etc.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert