Sr. Scientist Peptides API EM
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Company Overview:
Lilly, a leading innovation-driven corporation is developing a growing portfolio of pharmaceutical products by applying the latest research from its own worldwide laboratories and from collaborations with eminent scientific organizations. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Lilly makes life better – through medicines and information – for some of the world’s most urgent medical needs. Founded over 145 years ago, the company has sustained a culture that values excellence, integrity, and respect for people. This has resulted in Lilly frequently being ranked as one of the best companies in the world at which to work. Lilly knows its business has prospered because of its employees – people with a talent for innovation and a passion for making a difference by finding treatments for the most stubborn diseases; people whose talent is matched by their generosity, and people with strong values and a determination to prevail, regardless of the challenges. Join our team – and make a difference in improving health for people all over the world!Organization Overview:
Join the energetic and growing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient - External Manufacturing Organization (API-EM) that delivers a diverse portfolio of medicines essential to our patients around the world. The API EM TS/MS Sr. Scientist will provide technical and scientific expertise within a dynamic external manufacturing environment. The Sr. Scientist is responsible for providing technical support to achieve the reliable and compliant manufacture of API drug substance at external contract manufacturing groups to predetermined global quality standards. This person interacts daily with a wide variety of people, primarily external partners team members and site management.
The candidate will be responsible for process monitoring, response to issues, and improvements where necessary. A strong understanding of manufacturing principles and Lilly systems is required to ensure those same standards are applied to the external contract manufacturers.
The position requires knowledge of cGMPs, applicable global regulatory manufacturing guidance, and the corporate/industry standards. The position requires working cross-functionally within the site and other functions to deliver on technical objectives.Key Objectives/Deliverables:
- Provide technical oversight and stewardship for peptide manufacturing processes.
- Leads resolution of technical issues including those related to control strategy and manufacturing.
- Employ excellent communication skills to manage internal and external relationships.
- Build and maintain relationships with development and central technical organizations.
- Ensure proper characterization of processes and products and ensure effective documentation of the process description, measures, acceptable ranges, and specifications (and the justification of these measures, acceptable ranges, and specifications).
- Ensure that processes are compliant, capable, in control, and maintained in a validated or qualified state.
- Understand, justify and document the state of validation with data that evaluate the capability of the manufacturing process to meet its stated purpose.
- Influence and implement the network technical agenda and drive continuous improvement.
- Maintaining peptide processes in a state of compliance with US and global regulations
- Understanding the scientific principles required for manufacturing intermediates and drug substances, including the interaction of chemistry and equipment.
- Operate with ‘Team Lilly’ in mind - including coaching and mentoring of peers and other scientists.
- Bachelors in scientific disciplines of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, or Engineering (Chemistry/Biochemistry strongly preferred)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience and proficiency with pharmaceutical manufacturing and working knowledge of regulatory expectations.
- Knowledge and experience with Regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of data management practices across manufacturing
- Enthusiasm for changes, team spirit and flexibility
- Ability to influence and communicate to diverse groups on business, or technical issues within the site and function
- Proficiency in delivering complex tasks and/or tasks that are cross-functional
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and ability to coordinate complex projects
- Some travel (<25%) is required
- Some off-shift work (night/weekend) may be required to support 24/7 operations
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status).
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert