Operator - IDAP Warehouse
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Materials/Inventory Control
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Job Description - Operator- IDAP Warehouse Ops
Position Brand Description:
Receiving, storage, and shipping of raw materials and packaging components in support of Lilly manufacturing sites (Both US and OUS customers). Ensure materials are available and on hand for weekly production operations and ensure inventory quantities are accurate. Requirement to handle and process materials in inventory system following GMP processes at all times. The position reports to a Supervisor. The minimum length of time in this position is 3 years per current guidelines.
- Accurate receiving and storage of manufacturing components from outside vendors. Shipping of orders to internal and external Lilly customers.
- Unloading / loading of materials at docks, receiving of materials, storage of material in appropriate storage zones, preparation and shipping to customer orders, order processing in warehouse inventory system, cycle counting.
- Follow all safety requirements and procedures. Routinely inspects area for health and safety issues. Assist with implementation of countermeasures from safety incident investigations. Work with Leader and safety representatives to implement safety projects.
- Follow all GMP, and other regulatory requirements. Participate in quality initiatives and audits. Compliance to FDA, EMEA, DEA, OSHA, IDEM, and EPA regulations.
- Meet appropriate goals for performance improvement as defined by area
- Execute inventory transactions in a timely fashion.
- Ensure inventory levels for local warehouse are set and maintained appropriately.
- Provide key customers raw materials and components on-time and in full.
- Maintain learning plan at 100% current.
- Follow and execute policies and procedures impacting warehouse activities.
- Certified to operate all types of powered industrial trucks
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience with materials handling and inventory management systems.
- Previous warehouse/logistics experience in a GMP environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding of quality and corporate policies
- Solid understanding of the importance of and basic requirements of regulatory agencies such as the FDA, EMEA, OSHA and EPA
- Demonstrated solid judgment and initiative
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, flexible and willing to work overtime
- Proactive and self-motivated to support team initiatives and in solving business problems
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time and make decisions regarding prioritization
- Ability to pick-up / move 40 pound containers
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE corporate and site goals
- This position is Monday-Friday day shift
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and off shifts
- This role has opportunity for direct interaction with regulatory agencies during site inspections.
- Tasks may require handling hazardous materials.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert