Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates.
While this position is hybrid/remote, candidate must live in Tampa/Sarasota area.
• Leadership and execution of all Finance & Accounting activities for the company including month end close of financial books and related reconciliations, business partnering, planning, compliance, analysis & decision support, audit & risk management.
• Participate in support of setting business strategy for the company, lead business reviews, challenge the status quo, shape, and influence direction by delivering meaningful insights, integrated decision support, predictive scenario planning and change solutions.
• Work collaboratively with site leadership team to provide financial insights on manufacturing performance, risks and opportunities, predictive scenario planning, new products, and transformation initiatives.
• Maintain adequate internal controls, accounting policies and timely monthly close processes with tight deadlines
• Meet the fiduciary and statutory responsibilities and obligations, overseeing statutory reporting and compliance requirements including period-end reporting, technical US GAAP accounting, external audit, insurance, and tax return submissions where required.
• Drive a rigorous budget planning and forecasting process including production costs, margin analysis, variances, capex, operational expenses, inventory, and headcount.
• Establish strong relationships within the Finance/Accounting and cross-functional teams. Ability to effectively articulate ideas and problem-solve across a variety of settings.
• Create an environment that inspires people to do their best and is aligned with the Company’s values.
• Remain abreast of important business updates and understand the implications and risks.
• Advise on and influence change management, participate in the planning and implementation of organizational changes.
• Focus on priorities that deliver results and elevate the capabilities of the organization.
• Possess advanced analytical and critical thinking skills demonstrating the ability to problem-solve, make informed recommendations, based on monthly financial results and predictive analysis.
• Minimizes complexity, translates complex decisions and change initiatives into prioritized and integrated processes.
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years’ accounting/finance experience with 7+ years in a senior management role; must have experience leading the Accounting/Finance function and managing financial team members.
• Experience in the life science industry and private equity is highly preferred.
• Strong background in US GAAP, cost accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and analysis.
• Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus across cross-functional teams, manage projects and ability to interact with senior management.
• Strong analytical skill with the ability to analyze and understand large amounts of data to support decision-making
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to persuasively convey critical elements of complex issues.
• Experience in identifying and implementing process improvements affecting other stakeholders.
• Expert level MS Office capabilities. SAP experience is highly preferred.
• Ability to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency, proactive thinking, and productivity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented environment.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience in a high growth or start up environment a plus.