Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates.
- Perform quality control testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products following general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions in new assignments.
- Responsible for testing of products and documenting and analyzing of results ensuring production or manufacturing processes and products created meet Akron’s quality specifications.
- Perform quality control chemical, microbiological and/or immunoassays for raw materials, in-process, and finished goods according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) meeting given timelines.
- Perform testing as needed to generate data for method validations and other special projects according to written procedures.
- Complete testing documentation and data entry as required for tests performed per approved SOPs.
- Perform instrument calibration or qualification according to written procedures, as applicable.
- Maintain laboratory supplies inventory ensuring no expired reagents are used for testing.
- Accountable for following SOPs and adhering to cGMP guidelines when executing job functions and documentation.
- Fulfill requests from management or designee for assistance in other matters as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Biology, Chemistry or related science discipline.
- 1 or more years of relevant experience in a non-educational laboratory setting.
- Work in a regulated environment (FDA, EPA) required.
- Familiarity with chemical, biochemical and/or microbiological testing is desired.
- Ability to perform math calculations involving dilutions, fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Experience in quality organizations supporting production, testing, release and distribution of cGMP products.
- High attention to detail with good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize assignments in a multi-task position.
- Motivated and able to work independently, as applicable.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and people/customer service oriented.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Computer skills especially in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and other software programs.
- Requires a strong adherence to regulatory compliance and safety requirements, involving GMPs, SOPs and other related documents.