- Neogene Therapeutics
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Science/R&D
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
Neogene is seeking an experienced Bioinformatician who will support bioinformatics operations in our ongoing clinical trial NT-125. In this role, the individual will closely collaborate with the wider TCR Selection team to execute bioinformatic analyses and write related documentation. Liaising with the bioinformatics development team, the Bioinformatician will support innovation of the bioinformatic analysis pipeline. The role is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and reports to the Principal Bioinformatician.
- Work closely with the TCR Selection Facility core laboratories and experimental biologists in analyzing data, reporting and quality assessment of pipeline results.
- Execute Neogene’s T cell therapy bioinformatics pipeline for the TCR Selection Facility to support TCR target identification & validation.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the wider TCR Selection team.
- Document bioinformatic analyses to support quality assurance.
- Present obtained results in cross-functional work discussions.
- Contribute to innovation of Neogene’s bioinformatics analysis pipeline.
- Collaborate with external parties providing bioinformatic services and consultancy to the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise junior bioinformatics team members.
- PhD in Bioinformatics or 4 plus years of experience in bioinformatics or a closely related field.
- Experience with bioinformatic quality management is a strong plus. Experience in a regulated environment is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate results to a diverse cross-functional audience.
- Knowledge in either R or Python and Bash is required. Competencies in additional (scripting) languages are a plus.
Neogene Therapeutics is a global, preclinical stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of next generation, fully individualized engineered T cell therapies for a broad spectrum of cancers.
Our proprietary neoantigen T cell receptor (TCR) discovery and T cell engineering platform identifies TCR genes with specificity for neoantigens – found exclusively on cancer cells as a result of cancer-associated DNA mutations.
Cancer is a genetically individual disease – no two tumors are exactly the same. These variations create neoantigens – unique targets for every tumor. Neogene’s novel approach delivers a tailored T cell therapy containing a unique set of specific TCR genes for each individual patient. Engineered into patient-derived T cells, these TCRs are directed toward neoantigens in tumor cells, with the goal of eliciting strong and durable responses in a variety of solid tumor indications.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech start-up. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
2225 Colorado Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert