- Neogene Therapeutics
- Santa Monica, CA
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
Neogene is seeking a diverse Patent Attorney is responsible for building and supporting the IP function of the organization by the drafting and prosecution of patent applications, general IP portfolio maintenance, and providing local IP support to all U.S. based science and legal functions. Additional obligations will include supporting the broader IP function of Neogene commensurate with the experience and interest of the selected candidate. This role is based in Santa Monica, CA and directly report to the Vice President, Intellectual Property in the Netherlands.
- Drafts and files patent applications in coordination with outside counsel: including first provisional and PCT applications.
- Handles all aspects of ongoing patent prosecution, including formulating strategy for office action responses.
- Works with science teams to identify patentable inventions and coordinate preparation of data packages.
- Coordinates with parent company (AstraZeneca) on docketing and administrative matters.
- Coordinates with other members of the legal team to support IP review of contract and related matters.
- Works with collaborators on in-licensed patent portfolios, including the oversight of third-party filing and prosecution.
- Supports due diligence activities through preparation of patent portfolio summaries and review of third-party patent portfolios.
- Conducts or coordinates freedom-to-operate and landscape review activities.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- MS degree required, PhD preferred in a biomedical or chemical sciences field (immunology or cancer biology preferred), plus J.D. from an accredited law school for the and membership in at least one state bar.
- A minimum 4 years of experience in a professional IP role including 1 year of experience in a patent preparation and prosecution in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- 1 year experience in a role with direct and substantial client contact, including internal clients if in an in-house position.
- Familiar with USPTO services and software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Proficient with statistics software (preferably Prism).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $170,000 to $230,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
At Neogene we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Neogene is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Neogene Therapeutics is a global, preclinical stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of next generation, fully individualized engineered T cell therapies for a broad spectrum of cancers.
Our proprietary neoantigen T cell receptor (TCR) discovery and T cell engineering platform identifies TCR genes with specificity for neoantigens – found exclusively on cancer cells as a result of cancer-associated DNA mutations.
Cancer is a genetically individual disease – no two tumors are exactly the same. These variations create neoantigens – unique targets for every tumor. Neogene’s novel approach delivers a tailored T cell therapy containing a unique set of specific TCR genes for each individual patient. Engineered into patient-derived T cells, these TCRs are directed toward neoantigens in tumor cells, with the goal of eliciting strong and durable responses in a variety of solid tumor indications.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech start-up. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
2225 Colorado Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert