Senior Manager, Business Development
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Tarrytown, New York
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Sales & Service, Business Development
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
The Senior Manager, Business Development will work on Regeneron’s genetic medicine business development efforts for the newly formed Regeneron Genetics Medicine initiative (Regeneron’s non-antibody research and development efforts). The role will initially partner with our Executive Director BD and ultimately take on roles of increasing responsibility helping to design strategy, conceptualizing, sourcing, evaluating, driving partnering opportunities and other strategic transactions. This role will be a trusted thought partner for the R&D organization and across the Genetics Medicine platforms.
As a Senior Manager, Business development a typical day may include:
- Strategy: Collaborate with internal teams to support development of strategic plans and recommendations for pivotal initiatives related to therapeutic areas, technology platforms, and external programs.
- Sourcing: Responsible for sourcing partnering opportunities from the external landscape through attendance of industry partnering conferences, scientific & medical meetings, and review of literature and databases.
- Sourcing: Work with BD colleagues to manage relationships with potential collaborators with an ability to independently handle certain relationships as the primary representative of Regeneron.
- Evaluation: Conduct analyses to evaluate financial terms and the business case for potential transactions
- Evaluation: Provide project management for the diligence teams responsible for evaluating scientific and strategic aspects of potential partnering opportunities.
- Execution: Ability to independently lead the negotiation and execution of CDA, MTA/evaluation, research collaboration agreements.
- Execution: Support business development team members, finance, and legal colleagues to identify optimal deal structure and financial terms and participate in negotiation of term sheets and definitive agreements for in-licensing and out-licensing transactions, financing transactions associated with strategic transactions and M&A.
- Ability to effectively lead teams and manage multiple project simultaneously to deliver high quality results in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively interact with senior level collaborators within and outside Regeneron.
- Strong understanding of the key areas of science and technology that are most relevant to Regeneron’s R&D efforts, including an ability to communicate effectively with members of the Regeneron R&D organization in the course of evaluating potential business development transactions.
- Strong grounding in scientific concepts and technologies or demonstrated ability to learn them rapidly and deep desire to continue to learn new areas of science.
- Excellent critical thinking and contextualization skills.
- Strong financial modeling skills and an understanding of sophisticated financial concepts.
- Previous experience demonstrating an ability to effectively negotiate and execute legal/business agreements.
- Previous experience working as a member of a deal team to successfully close licensing/collaboration agreements, and ability to read agreements critically.
To be considered for this role we require a Graduate Degree (MBA, MD, PhD, JD) and 3+ years of relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, biomedical research, including: consulting, investment banking, and public/private investing or an Undergraduate Degree with 6+ years of proven experienceDoes this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$117,700.00 - $192,100.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert