Senior Research Associate #2711
- GRAIL, LLC
- Menlo Park, CA
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Regulatory, Research/Documentation, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
GRAIL is seeking a Senior Research Associate to support the product development and continuous process development of GRAIL’s groundbreaking Multi-Cancer Early Detection assay. You will develop assay processes to enable high throughput and robotic workcell-based workflows. Responsibilities include the characterization of reagent and in-process sample stability, assay guardbanding, development of workflows and troubleshooting complex problems. The ideal candidate is a curious thinker and passionate problem-solver that possesses experience in developing automated NGS assay workflows.
- Plan, execute, and record R&D experiments in collaboration with senior scientists and senior engineers by following best practices of the assay and instrument operations in compliance with safety guidelines
- Perform assay processes characterization to determine critical process parameters and tolerances of the system
- Support process development by participating in requirements gathering, process mapping, and risk assessment
- Support troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and investigation activities for Quality events such as deviation, incident report, and CAPA
- Support continuous process improvement activities through change control for implementation in Operations.
- Evaluate and present experimental data analysis, methodology, and results at technical meetings as well as document experimental plans and results in reports
Your Background Should Include:
- Experience with NGS assay protocols including sample preparation, in line QC and library preparation for sequencing
- Previous experience as a hands-on Research Associate in Product or Process Development , or related occupation in Assay Integration with automated liquid handlers
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or relevant disciplines with a minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in an industry setting Experience with the development and implementation of clinical laboratory tests under CAP/CLIA or FDA/regulated environments is a plus
- Experience with statistical programming or software (e.g, R, JMP) is a plus
- Attention to detail, safety, good laboratory and documentation practiceStrong verbal and written communication skills and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $88,000 - $109,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
CEO: Bob Ragusa
1525 O'Brien Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert