Coordinator I, Patient Care
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Project Management
- Required Education
- High School or equivalent
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
- Provide subject matter expertise of product coverage, insurance benefit coverage, AbbVie sponsored co-pay cards and alternative forms of coverage for supported products.
- Assists patients with treatment compliance by scheduling and entering medication orders into the pharmacy information system.
- Enter patient demographic, health insurance, specific clinical/financial information, and prescription information into the pharmacy information system and notify the physician of any incomplete or incorrect prescription information; captures and updates patient Medical Profiles including medications, allergies, and medical conditions.
- Assist the pharmacist in the practice of pharmacy in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, HIPAA guidelines, and corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Meet performance standards in alignment with predefined metrics.
- Contact patients to inform them of benefits and estimated out of pocket expense.
- Identifies potential Adverse Event situations for reporting to Pharmacovigilence ensuring AbbVie meets FDA regulations.
- Completes all required training perform all functions in the position e.g., Soft Skills certification, product and disease overviews.
- Maintain current pharmacy technician licensure and CE requirements as necessary
shift: 10:30 to 7 PM
onsite rotation and mandatory overtime
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate or College Degree Preferred.
- Individuals must meet applicable Pharmacy Technician licensure and certification requirements at employment start date in accordance and compliance with the Illinois Pharmacy Practice Act.
- Previous experience in a call center environment, healthcare office, corporate setting, or healthcare insurance provider or pharmacy is highly desirable.
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician, especially in a specialty pharmacy or mail-order pharmacy setting, is desirable.
- Understanding and knowledge of commercial and major medical insurance programs, billing requirements, healthcare benefit investigation processes, prior authorization and appeal filings.
- Must have accuracy, attention to detail, and fluency in the use of computers. Ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Must have organization and problem solving skills to handle patient conversations identify issues and address needs.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Program Suite and Lotus Notes Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Must have knowledge of private payers, pharmacy benefits, medical benefits, Medicare Part D, Medicaid and alternate funding resources.
- Ability to maintain professional communication skills and an understanding of how to maintain a courteous attitude toward customers and fellow employees.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert