Immunology Forecasting Manager – Gastroenterology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Sales Forecasting Manager will lead the analytical sales forecasting process for SKYRIZI and RINVOQ within the Gastroenterology Franchise and Immunology Forecasting Consolidations. The position is responsible for developing accurate/timely projections of commercial product volumes for all Plan, Update, LBE, LRP, Portfolio and Actual submissions. The individual builds and maintains knowledge of the business through close communication across a variety of cross-functional partners including executives, Marketing & Sales Management, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights and Commercial Finance.
- Manage and develop accurate product sales projections to be utilized in Plan, Update, LBE, LRP and Portfolio submissions (including market and competitive landscape forecasts) – using sound analytical assumptions and effective communication of rationale/methodology with close collaboration and guidance from the Associate Director of Gastroenterology Forecasting.
- Immunology Forecasting Consolidations during Plan, Update, LBE, LRP supporting the overall Forecasting Immunology team,
- Responsible for the Immunology Forecasting team: Earnings deliverables, Sales Roll forwards and other Sales Schedules for planning cycles, Actuals reporting consolidated schedules/activities such as WD1 commentary submissions and other reporting for the controller & Immunology President
- Manage and support the launch readiness of SKYRIZI and RINVOQ Gastroenterology indications and the transition of pipeline asset forecasting from GCD within the Gastroenterology Franchise.
- Manage and support month-end actual close process including the preparation of Price, Pipeline and Demand variance and Close commentary. Communicate key drivers of performance to finance and commercial leadership for SKYRIZI and RINVOQ while supporting the process across total Immunology.
- Operate independently to prepare, create, and enhance sales reporting/key metric Forecasting Packages.
- Manage and support the communication of monthly actual sales results/future period volume forecasts to Commercial VP’s and General Managers.
- Work directly with Commercial, Pricing, Finance and Market Analytics and Business Insight teams to address various business issues and provide solutions through analytical problem solving.
- Manage and support ad-hoc analytical support on various business needs including product launch scenarios, channel/product mix impacts and other key business drivers.
- Lead enhancement, simplification, and standardization of financial models, processes, and forecasting deliverables to ensure forecast accuracy and robust analytics of business environment.
- BS/BA in Analytics, Mathematics/Statistics, Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations, or Marketing
- A minimum of seven years combined experience in analytics, forecasting, and/or financial planning and analysis is required.
- Must have strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills, along with good interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of management.
- Ability to triangulate a wide variety of data sets and analytics (e.g., market research, competitive events, prescriptions, epidemiology, patient flow, etc.) to inform forecasting and financial impacts.
- Agility to prioritize and quickly understand issues and assess data integrity is critical due to challenging deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and financial modelling skills are required; strong PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- Ability to work independently and self-starter, supporting the business and forecasting leadership in variety of locations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous pharmaceutical and forecasting experience are preferred.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.