Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Upstream Viral Vector Group
- Adicet Bio, Inc.
- Redwood City, CA
- Start date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Regulatory, Research/Documentation, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and adaptors (CAds), to enhance selective tumor targeting and facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.adicetbio.com.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE / SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE,
UPSTREAM VIRAL VECTOR GROUP
Adicet Bio is developing a next generation manufacturing process to advance our platform of “off-the-shelf” immune cell products. We are currently seeking an individual for our Viral Vector group as we advance our production platforms. The position offers a chance to be part of an innovative and collaborative team, applying the latest cell culture and bioprocessing practices to facilitate development of our proprietary cell therapies.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Research Associate / Senior Research Associate with previous cell culture experience to assist in executing upstream operations for production of viral vectors. The successful candidate will join Upstream Viral Vector Team and contribute to the advancement of Adicet’s vector production platforms by set-up and maintenance of various cell cultures in adherent and suspension systems. The position also provides the opportunity to learn downstream processing procedures through interactions within the Viral Vector Development Team.
The ideal candidate will work in collaboration with other Viral Vector scientists, as well as other cross-functional teams, to support the development of Upstream culture processes, help facilitate tech transfer to internal and external groups, and contribute to development of a best-in-class vector manufacturing process. This person will also work with other internal and external functional groups to help meet developmental timelines and continuity of manufacturing operations. This person would be a contributor to the Vector Team’s objectives in meeting project timelines, achievement of cooperate goals, and delivery of a consistent and robust viral vector product.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Support experiment design, planning, and execution of the process development of viral vectors in adherent and suspension cell culture platforms.
- Collaborate with Downstream Vector scientific staff to support development programs for viral vector production.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures/experiments with great attention to detail.
- Assist in the maintenance of various cell cultures for both adherent and suspension platforms in support of the cell line development team.
- Provide technical support to internal and external manufacturing organization partners including compilation, drafting, or review of documentation such as technical reports, standard operation protocols (SOPs), and batch records.
- Participate in laboratory set up, new equipment procurement, proper laboratory maintenance, and establishment of internal process development practices to expand and improve upstream viral vector production capabilities.
- Organize, communicate, and present data to key stakeholders and internal staff.
- Proactively enable cross-functional collaborations with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelors with 2+ years or Master’s degree with 1 year of related industry experience in a relevant scientific area such as virology, bioprocess, biomedical engineering, biochemistry or related life science field is required.
- Experience with small and large-scale mammalian cell culture in adherent or suspension cell culture system is required.
- Candidates with knowledge and relevant experience in viral vector production and/or cell or gene therapy will be given preference.
- Experience in working in a BSL-2 environment is preferred.
- Experience with viral vector upstream production, aseptic processing, process development, and technology transfer for GMP production will be given strongest preference.
- Qualified candidates should be detail oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate capacity for strong planning and ability to follow procedures with attention to detail to successfully execute experiments at the bench.
- Ability to think critically when performing data analysis and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and technology programs.
- Other Qualifications
- Candidates with previous experience using stirred-tank bioreactor systems (e.g. single-use bioreactors) to manufacture viral vectors will be given strongest preference.
- Candidates having prior experience with cell line development or media optimization will be given strongest preference.
- Familiarity with current principles and technical platforms for monitoring cell growth, viability, metabolism, etc., is expected.
- Previous experience conducting technology transfers to external CMOs or adapting client-derived upstream process as a part of a CMO is desirable.
- Experience in documentation of experimental data using electronic lab notebooks and authoring of SOPs is desired.
At Adicet, our people are our greatest focus. We believe that attracting and retaining the best and brightest is the key to achieving our mission to deliver best-in-class gamma delta T cell therapies for patients fighting cancer.
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, annual cash bonus, long-term incentives (equity), Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) and a 401(k) with ROTH and a 4.5% Company match.
To ensure the wellness of our employees and their loved ones, we offer comprehensive health plans (medical, dental, vision, etc.), Flexible Health and Commuter Spending Accounts (FSA) and a company matched Health Savings Account (HSA). We also offer a life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal, pet, and various other voluntary insurance programs.
We also believe our greatest ideas come when we are refreshed and focused, and we offer generous paid time-off including 12 company holidays with end-of-year shutdown, vacation, sick time, and paid parental leave.
Adicet is located in a state-of-the-art facility and works to create an incredible office experience with an onsite gym and various other fitness options, abundant, zero-cost, onsite parking with electric vehicle charging stations and free shuttle (Caltrain), company subsidized lunches (delivered onsite daily) and fully stocked breakrooms.
In compliance with California’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open positions. The pay scale range for this role is $83,000 - $128,000 annualized base salary. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, their qualifications (education, experience, specialty, and training), and peer and market data. This listed salary range represents the Company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a privately held, pre-clinical stage biotechnology company developing novel universal immune cell therapies based on gamma delta T cells engineered with Chimeric Antigen Receptors. Adicet is also focused on identifying and validating cancer specific targets directed to the intracellular proteome and then generating T Cell Receptor-like monoclonal antibodies (TCRLs) directed to these cancer-specific peptide targets presented by MHC Class I complexes. These TCRLs are being used to arm T cells or as T cell engagers in solid tumors. In August 2016, Adicet entered into a strategic collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics using Adicet's gamma delta T cell allogeneic platform technology.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
200 Constitution Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert